The Kenya Veterinary Vaccines Production Institute (KEVEVAPI) is a state corporation established under the State Corporations Act, (CAP 446) through Legal Notice No. 223 and operating under the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries, The State Department of Livestock mandated with the production, manufacturing, research and marketing of veterinary vaccines.
In order to strengthen the corporate strategy and our market leadership, we invite dynamic, innovative and self motivated candidates to submit their applications for the following position.
Ref. No: KVVI- 008/2016
Job Summary: Reporting to the Chief Accountant, the job holder shall be responsible for efficient, effective and sustainable engagement and utilization of the Institute’s financial resources.
Duties and responsibilities
- Verifying payments;
- Monitoring revenue collection and expenditures based on approved budgets; facilitating computerisation of accounting systems;
- Accounting for special funds including donor, programmes and projects funds;
- Application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAPs) including the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) techniques in accounting for institute’s finances, assets, revenue, expenditure and costs;
- Coordinating and rationalization of estimates, budgetary control, annual appropriation and fund account, cash flow control and cost analysis;
- Assisting in the preparation of final accounts;
- Provision of accurate, timely, reliable financial information, management of corporate tax, vat, and other statutory deductions and responding to audit queries.
Qualifications and experience
1. Part III of the Certified Public Accountants of Kenya its equivalent from a recognised Institution;
2. Bachelor of Commerce Degree (Accounting Option/Finance) or its equivalent from a recognised Institution; Plus Part II of CPA
3. Registration with ICPAK
4. A minimum of three years experience in a busy finance and accounts division.
5. Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on Leadership and integrity.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity to and respect for diversity;
- Have an understanding of the structure and functions of the public sector and;
- Ability to make timely and quality judgments and decisions
- Demonstrated professional competence in work performance and results.
Mode of Application
1. Application should be accompanied with Copies of Relevant Academic and Professional certificates, Testimonials, National Identity Card or Passport and other relevant supporting documents; a detailed Curriculum Vitae stating current position, remuneration, email and other contact details as well as names and contacts (telephone and email address) of three referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
2. Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and should submit among other documents the following:
a. Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation;
b. Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
c. Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
d. Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
e. Report from the Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
3. Interested applicants should submit ten (10) hard copies of their applications which should clearly be marked ‘Application for the position of…………………….. Ref. No….
4. Applications must be received on or before Friday, 16th December 2016 at 12 noon.
Kenya Veterinary Vaccines Production Institute (KEVEVAPI)
P. O. Box 53260 – 00200,
Email: [email protected]
TEL: 020-3540071/020-2174418; FAX: 020- 2472881