Accountant Job at APA Insurance
Location: Gordon Court: Head Office
Accountant Job Purpose
- This role is responsible for preparation, analysis, interpretation, presentation and reporting of accounting information.
Accountant Job Primary Responsibilities
- Preparing monthly management accounts for Apollo Asset & Gordon Court;
- Maintaining the cash book, reconciling the General ledger & Bank reconciliation;
- Submitting statutory returns (VAT, PAYE, WHT, Corporate Tax)to KRA, and filing unaudited management accounts to CMA monthly;
- Managing receivables & debt collection;
- Managing payables;
- Client/Tenant invoicing;
- Managing cash flows by carrying out checks to ensure the bank accounts are not overdrawn;
- Ensuring smooth running of internal and external audit;
- Initial drafting of AAMC and GCL budgets and forecasts.
Academic Qualifications for Accountant Job
- Bachelor’s degree Accounting/Finance or an equivalent
- CPA (K) / ACCA
Experience for Accountant Job
- 2 years’ relevant experience for candidates with the bachelor’s degree or 4 years’ relevant experience for holders of a relevant diploma / professional qualification.
Skills and Attributes
- Strong analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Organizational skills
- Communication and Interpersonal skills
How to Apply
- If you wish to apply for this position, please email a detailed CV and cover letter to [email protected] demonstrating why you would be the ideal candidate against the stated roles, responsibilities, knowledge, experience, and personal competencies. The deadline for applications is 18th July 2016.