Our client is a leading manufacturer high quality mattresses and furniture in Kenya.
They seek to hire an Accountant on a short term contract to assist with accounting functions in the company.
Salary: 45K – 50K
Level – Short Term Contract (3months)
Accountant Job Responsibilities
- Ensuring financial transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting systems
- Ensuring regular invoicing, receive and receipt payment
- Administering VAT and processing returns
- Administering the company’s payroll and associated statutory requirements (PAYE, NSSF, NHIF, leave)
- Undertaking daily banking functions and bank reconciliations. Deal with daily petty cash.
- Undertaking the preparatory work for the annual audit of accounts and assisting in implementation of audit recommendations
- Undertaking any ad hoc duties associated with the accounts function, including maintaining financial files and records, and photocopying.
- Ensuring all filing is done in a timely, accurate and organized manner
- Carrying out other related tasks as might be required from time to time
Qualifications for the Accountant Job
- Minimum CPA Section IV or equivalent (ideally related with a degree)
- At least 2 years’ experience
- Must conversant with Accounting packages
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team
- Must have a good understanding of financial concepts and pay keen attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and get things done to completion
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Accountant – Manufacturing) to [email protected] before 19th June 2017. Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.