Senior Accountant Jobs in Kenya 2016
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Salary: Monthly gross Salary: Kshs 150,000 (Approx. 1,500 USD)
Deadline: 15th January 2017
A diversified horticultural company based in Nairobi with 4 farms in the outskirts of Nairobi is seeking to recruit a Senior Accountant to be based in their Nairobi office. The ideal candidate MUST have experience working with multi-currency.
Senior Accountant Job Key Responsibilities
- Post financial data to appropriate accounts in an automated accounting system.
- Enter, update, and/or retrieve accounting data from automated systems.
- Payroll preparation and statutory remittance.
- Submit relevant withholding and VAT payments to Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Code, post and receive payments.
- Prepare and coordinate deposit activities.
- Perform all necessary account, bank and other reconciliations.
- Monitor customer accounts for non-payment and delayed payments.
- Assist in month end reporting procedures.
- Prepare and process employee expense reports.
- Design, prepare, and maintain accounting and finance spreadsheets.
- Clients accounts reconciliations for payments received and disbursed.
- Keep track of all insurance policies and licenses, renewal dates and renew as required.
- Keep track of the company’s in-house employee loan scheme.
- Create sales agreements and proforma invoices and assist the sales team in seeing through sales.
- Prepare a proper monthly Work-in-Progress report and a stock report.
- Prepare all financial accounts ready for Auditors.
- Review new procedures, manuals, and system enhancements.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications for the Senior Accountant Job
- Minimum Five years’ work experience in Accounting or Finance.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, or equivalent.
- Experience working with multi-currency.
- Must be above 35 years.
- Advanced proficiency in accounting software tools, i.e. spreadsheets.
- Ability to understand and apply current accounting guidelines, system and policy updates.
- Ability and drive to work independently, solution oriented.
- Ability to meet schedules and deadlines of the work area.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
How to Apply
How to Apply Apply here for the Senior Accountant Jobs