Our client, a leading online travel company in Africa is urgently seeking to recruit an Accountant to join their team.
Accountant Job Duties
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Complies with state and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
Qualifications for the Accountant Job
- At-least a bachelor’s degree in Business Management or Commerce
- Minimum of 3 years of experience-Prior experience in Airline/Travel industry/E-commerce industry is added advantage
- At-least completed CPA 4
- Proficient user of Sage, Pastel, QuickBooks and Tally
- Reporting and analyzing skills
- Sound knowledge of Accounting principles and practice
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are invited to send their CV to ‘email@example.com’ indicating the job title “ACCOUNTANT”on the subject line by 18th January 2017.