New Accountant Jobs in Kenya 2017
Vacancy – Cost Accountant
Duties & Responsibilities for the Accountant Job
- Establishing and updating Standard costs of manufactured and purchased items
- Ensuring minimal variance between actual and standard costs
- Advising on product profitability and pricing structures, evaluating sanctions and monitoring contract prices renewals
- Preparation of financial reports for decision making including the Monthly Budget Control
- Report (MBCR), Cost of Sales Budgets and Inventories Cash Flow Budget
- Modeling of costs and sales data for purposes of decision making by management
- Participate in Work-In-Process, Engineering Stocks and Finished Stocks periodic stock take exercises verification of fixed assets and project evaluations.
- Reviewing and analyzing weekly and monthly operating costs against budget and analyzing any significant variances.
- Update standard costs in the bill of materials
- Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies
- Validate the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end close
- Accumulate and apply overhead costs as required by generally accepted accounting principles
- Report on breakeven points by products, work centers, and factories
- Report on margins by product and division
- Report on periodic variances and their causes, focusing in particular on spending variances
- Analyze capital budgeting requests
- Perform cost accumulation tasks
Qualifications for the Accountant Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/ Finance
- CPA(K)/ACCA qualification is mandatory
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in manufacturing industry mostly handling cost
- Experience in interpreting and analyzing financial data is essential
- High numeric abilities
- Advanced computer skills
- Working knowledge of SAP software
- Ability to read, interpret data and create reports and presentations as required.
- Good organizational skills
- Must demonstrate people management abiliti
How To Apply
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject to [email protected] before 30th JANUARY 2017 indicate current and expected salary.