Accountant Jobs at The Kenya Yearbook Editorial Board
Job Ref: KYEB/HR/ACC/03/2016
Department: Finance and Administration
Job Grade: KYEB 6
Reporting To: Finance and Administration Manager
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
The Kenya Yearbook Editorial Board is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Information Communication and Technology. The Board was established in November 2007 by legal Notice No. 187 of 2007. Its mandate comprises facilitating Government communication services through the publication of the annual Kenya Yearbook.
The Board is inviting applications from suitable qualified candidates for the following position.
Ensure prudent financial management and accounting practice according to the Boards finance policies and Government regulations
Accountant Job Key Responsibilities
- Establishment of sound financial policies, systems and procedures in compliance with statutory regulations;
- Designing and implementing internal control procedures
- Production of reports on all financial transactions;
- Participate in the preparation of the Board’s strategic (Operational) plans and forecasts, cash flow projections and computation of expense ratios;
- Coordinating the budgeting process, monitoring cash flow and overseeing the organisation’s financial performance against the budget and operational goals;
- Coordination of annual audits (both systems & book audits) in compliance with International Accounting Standards;
- Management of day to day accounting processes, reconciling monthly activity and generating end-year reports;
- Maintaining liaison with relevant Government departments for necessary consultation on financial matters to ensure the Board’s compliance with statutory requirements;
- Guiding and supervising staff performance in the department to foster discipline, motivation and team spirit.
- Manage sustainable organization succession plan;
Minimum Academic Qualifications for the Accountant Job
- A Bachelors degree in Commerce/Business Management (Accounting/Finance option) or its equivalent;
Accountant Job Professional Qualifications
- CPA III, ACCA or its equivalent.
- A member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants (ICPAK)
- Relevant Work Experience
- Six (6) years progressive experience in Finance Management
- Excellent Communications skills both verbal and written.
- Strong Leadership skills
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, outlook and access and other accounting packages.
- Practical knowledge of tax and other compliance requirements of state corporations;
- Budget development and oversight experience;
How to Apply
- If you possess the above qualifications, please write quoting the job reference on both the cover letter and the envelope accompanied by up to date curriculum vitae, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, your email and telephone contacts Applicants should attach the following documents with their applications: valid Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority, Higher Education Loans Board clearance certificate, Credit Reference Bureau Report, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission submission form, and a Certificate of Good Conduct from the Criminal Investigations Department. The applications should be sent by post or hand delivered to the Boards offices to be received on or before 9th December 2016 Canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The Chief Executive Officer Kenya Yearbook Editorial Board NHIF Building 4th Floor Email: [email protected] P.O Box 34035 00100 Nairobi
- Hand delivered applications should be handed over at the Boards offices so as to reach the above before the close of Business on or before 9th December 2016 “Kenya Yearbook Editorial Board is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with Disability, Youth, people from minority and marginalized groups and communities who meet the requirements of the advertised jobs are encouraged to apply.”