Accountant Jobs at Kiambu Water and Sewerage Company
Job Ref No: AC 2016
Kiambu Water and Sewerage Company is a Water Service Provider operating in Kiambu Subcounty, and is wholly owned by The County Government of Kiambu.
Accountant Job Responsibilities
- Coordinate timely and accurate preparation of budgets, ensure budgetary controls, constantly monitor expenditure and report on variances;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and reports in an accurate and timely manner and prepare all the documents that are required to support the periodical auditing exercise;
- Prepare cash flows statements and bank reconciliations;
- Ensure that all accounting transactions comply with set financial systems and controls and initiate remedial action where this is not the case;
- Prepare and continually review aged (debtor/creditor) analysis report and advise management accordingly;
- Assist in project proposal financial assessment for feasibility;
- Compile tax reports/statutory returns, ensuring that these are submitted in a timely manner to the relevant authorities and consult with tax advisors as and when necessary;
- Liaise with the external auditors during interim and annual audit and follow-up.
- Develop and maintain internal control and effective accounting system and policies for KIWASCO-KBU;
- Establish and maintain systems for cost-sensitivity analysis and early-warning of cost-overruns;
- Work consultatively with the respective departments on cost reduction initiatives;
- Liaise with project managers in preparing and implementing annual project plans and budgets;
- Ensure compliance with donors’ rules and regulations;
- Preparing monthly/quarterly financial reports on the status of project activities.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders including banks, suppliers, and key customers;
- Confirm financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses; coordinating the collection, consolidation, and evaluation of financial data;
- Maintain accounting controls by establishing a chart of accounts; defining accounting policies;
- Enforce current accounting regulations and recommend new procedures for proposed legislation.
- Managing all affairs related to the company’s human resources including recruitment, training and development, performance management, industrial relations, health and safety.
Education, Skills & Experience for the Accountant Job
- A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Accounts or Finance;
- Fully qualified accountant – CPA (K)/ACCA , etc.;
- A member of ICPAK or any other related/relevant professional body;
- Proficiency in computer accounting packages;
- Must have extensive experience on tax matters;
- Ability to work accurately and effectively with multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast paced environment;
- A minimum of (3) years’ relevant working experience, one (1) of them spent at managerial level with relevant responsibility in an organization serving a large and demanding public;
- In-depth understanding of the project management cycle;
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Experience in financial reporting and MIS as per IFRS and IPSAS;
- Experience in dealing with Statutory and Internal Auditors;
- Self -driven and ability to work under strict deadlines;
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Appointment to this position will be on a three year renewable contract subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes.
How to Apply
- Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply to the address quoted at the bottom of this document in a sealed envelope quoting the Job Reference Number by 2nd December 2016 indicating current and expected remuneration. Please send a covering letter, detailed curriculum vitae, and copies of certificates and testimonials.
- Interested candidates must get clearance from the institutions below in compliance with the requirements of Chapter 6 of The Constitution of Kenya (2010) on Ethics and Integrity: Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; KRA tax compliance; Higher Education Loans Board; Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct).
- The Managing Director, Kiambu Water and Sewerage Company, P.O. Box 409-00900, Kiambu. “Kiambu Water and Sewerage Company is an equal opportunity employer.”