To ensure timely fee collection and other financial duties as assigned by Finance and Administration Officer
- Ensure timely collection of school fees
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports toassess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Develop and provide timely financial accounting reports for management consumption
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting or other tax requirements.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Maintain or examine the records pertaining to regulatory agencies.
- Advise management about issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Represent the school in discussions with the revenue authority and provide support during litigation involving financial issues.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Ensure timely fees collection
- Manage petty cash
- Manage all salary payments and deductions eg NSSF, NHIF
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
- Timely collection and banking of school fees
- 100% clear, complete and comprehensive record keeping eg petty cash transactions, bills, invoices
- The school meets the statutory tax requirements
- Timely submission of reports to the Finance Officer
QUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Academic and professional qualifications
- First degree in business administration or equivalent
- CPA or equivalent qualification
Technical knowledge, skills and competencies
- Strong analytical and organisational skills
- Ability to prepare standard financial reports on a regular basis
- Proven computer literacy in Microsoft Office or related programs
- Experience in using financial accounting packages and working in a computerised environment
- Proven ability to work well with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders and to act ethically
- Strong work ethic, based on proactive planning and personal responsibility
- Customer service skills
- Over 5 years of relevant work and progressive experience preferably gained through working in a busy service oriented organization
- Critical thinking skills
- Undoubted integrity
- Time management skills
- Good communication skills