Financial Accountant Jobs at SNV Netherlands Development Organisation
Contract duration :1 year with possibility of extension.
Expected start date: January 2017.
SNV is a non-profit international development organization established in the Netherlands in 1965. For over 50 years, SNV has been at the forefront of development, helping to build local capacity and empower local families and communities to break the cycle of poverty. We are present on the ground in 38 developing countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Balkans and operate in Agriculture & Food Security, Renewable Energy, and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene. Our 1,200+ advisors in the field come from a variety of cultural and technical backgrounds, and over 60 per cent are nationals of the countries where we work.
SNV has been engaged by various donors to reach millions of people by executing programmes in agriculture, renewable energy and WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene). In Kenya, SNV is implementing several exciting projects in various counties in Kenya. The SNV country office is located in Nairobi but a lot of activities are implemented from field offices in Eldoret, Nanyuki, Kisumu, Homa Bay, Kericho and Kilifi.
Reporting to the finance officer, the financial accountant will offer administrative and financial support to the country office. He/she will collect, record (financial) data into systems, analyze, take appropriate actions in case of deviations, prepare the financial reports in accordance with donor and SNV policies. The work location is Nairobi with incidental travel to field offices.
Responsibilities for the Financial Accountant Job
- Offer administrative support;
- Support budget development in proposal stage;
- Support the finance officer in preparing budgets compliant with SNV and donor procedures and guidelines;
- Record and ensure complete and accurate financial transactions into the financial system as required. Review and correct data on a monthly basis;
- Monitor if all financial transactions are done according to donor and SNV authorizations and procedures, especially the procurement regulations;
- Follow up on country office related receipts and payments, reconcile bank balances, prepare financial transactions and manage liquidity levels of the country office bank accounts, based on guidelines of the donor and SNV accounting procedures and internal control frameworks;
- Ensure accurate and timely financial reports;
- Ensure provision of monthly reports, including (cash flow) forecasts, and up to date overviews of financial status of the country office for finance officer and country management;
- Prepare, register and monitor all country office contracts, reports and payments;
- Maintain invoice and contract register.
- Organize, document and archive relevant documentation, keep files complete and up to date and maintain quality and accessibility of archive and files, conform to administrative and filing procedures;
- Maintain country asset list and ensure all balance sheet and P&L accounts are clean;
- Intracompany postings and payments;
- Support finance officer with payroll and related regulatory payments and postings in SAP;
- Support finance officer with audits.
Financial Accountant Job Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in finance or related field;
- Professional accounting qualifications like CPA (K) or ACCA up to final level;
- At least 5 years relevant working experience with an international organisation;
- At least 2 years relevant working experience in projects;
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of donor regulations and compliance issues related to management of donor funds;
- Excellent communication and organization skills;
- Experience with SAP will be an advantage.
How to Apply
Please apply by CLICKING HERE complete your application in our in-house recruitment system before 7 December 2016. Please send your application letter and CV that contains three referees as you apply with position title as subject/reference. We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement. Only shortlisted will be contacted.