Job Title: Accountant
Organization: Okalang Law Chambers (OLC)
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
Okalang Law Chambers (OLC) is one of the most distinguished law firms in Uganda. It was started in Jinja and its growth in clientele, size, reputation and experience has since seen it open up a fully functional branch in Kampala to better serve its diverse and fast growing clientele. Clients who find themselves or have instructions to be carried out in either Jinja or Kampala can easily reach us and have their instructions executed at either branch. Okalang Law Chambers carries out legal services as a firm of Advocates, Solicitors, Legal Consultants, Legal Investment and Tax Consultants, Commissioners for Oaths, Trademark and Patent Agents, Receivers, Liquidators, General insolvency practitioners and Company secretaries.
Job Summary: The Legal Accountant will be billing clients, paying invoices, banking & Bank reconciliation, doing inter account transfers, data entry with outstanding numeracy and bookkeeping skills, creating and presenting reports, business plans, budgets and financial statement and to ensure that the firm’s finances are kept track of.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that adequate records are kept.
- Tasked with the preparation of accounts and tax returns (knowledge of URA Returns is a must) and auditing financial information.
- Deliver an effective and timely service to the firm by managing workload and maintaining a high degree of accuracy.
- Tasked with reviewing and reconciling residual client account balances.
- Controlling the income and expenditure of the firm.
- Administering firm’s payrolls
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s (honours) Degree in Accounting and Finance, Commerce, Business Administration (Accounting option) or Business statistics.
- At least two years of related work experience
- Resourcefulness, initiative and maturity of judgment
- Excellent analytical and financial skills with good attention to detail and demonstrable experience of reviewing and reconciling residual client account balances.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills will be necessary.
- Possess excellent IT skills, Accounting packages (knowledge of QuickBooks is a must) and have excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize own workload and achieve deadlines is required.
- Computer proficiency with good knowledge of Microsoft programs.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their application letter, detailed CV& academic credentials via E-mail to [email protected]
Deadline: 17th December 2016 by 5:00PM