Worldwide, about 1.5 billion people at the Base-of-the-Pyramid (BoP) are not connected to the electricity grid and lack a stable energy supply for their daily needs. For many BoP communities, nighttime means darkness and brings commercial and social activities to a halt. SOLARKIOSK Rwanda Ltd., a subsidiary company of the German firm SOLARKIOSK AG, is the energy gateway to untapped markets at the Base-of-the-Pyramid (BoP). We have developed an award winning technology intertwined with an award winning inclusive business model offering sustainable energy products, services and high quality fast moving consumer goods to BoP customers.
SOLARKIOSK Rwanda Ltd. distinguishes itself through its lean hierarchies, a high degree of personal responsibility, quick decision-making, cordial teamwork, and a highly dynamic and innovative business environment. SOLARKIOSK currently is active in six African countries and entering a phase of strategic growth.
You can find additional information regarding SOLARKIOSK on: www.solarkiosk.eu
To manage our rapid growth, we are currently looking for suitable candidates to fill the following position:
- Prepare profit and loss statements and monthly closing and gross profits reports.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions.
- Assist in maintaining, coordinating and the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Participate in the preparation of budgets for review by Finance manager for submission to the head office
- Prepare, monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare and review budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents.
- Analyze revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget levels, and ensure expenditure control.
- Participate in the stock take processes control and help in resolving any stock discrepancies.
- Recommend, develop and maintain financial databases and manual filing systems.
- Supervise the input and handling of financial data and reports for the company’s automated financial systems.
- Participate in the internal and external audits and help in completing audits’ exercises.
- Participate in the monthly reconciliation of sales accounts, bank accounts and payables accounts
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or any other related field
- Professional qualifications (full or part) such as CPA/ACCA would be a distinct advantage. Exceptional partly-qualified candidates may be considered.
- 5+years working experience in accounting environment with good knowledge of IFRS and Generally Accepted Accounting Practices.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles.
- Knowledge of one or more financial and accounting software applications, QuickBooks preferably.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Excellent analytical skills with keen attention to details; problem solving skills and decision making skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to maintain effective relationships with people from different cultural backgrounds.
- Competitive Monthly fixed salary plus variable salary depending on KPI’s achievement
Please submit your complete application documents in English including cover letter, CV, details of your expected salary and the earliest possible starting date to SOLARKIOSK Rwanda Ltd at: [email protected] until 8thJune2016.