SummerFields Kenya Limited is a horticultural firm that specializes in the production of flowers, herbs, fruits and vegetables. We are seeking to fill the position of an accountant.
Reporting to the Director, the Accountant will be responsible for the entry of data, verification of financial and accounting information and ensure that all the primary financial and accounting transactions level comply with the company procedures, policies and guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of financial statements
- Ensure supplier invoices are received and booked in the right period
- Ensure all invoices are processed and properly classified
- Ensure all supplier accounts are up to date and reconciled regularly.
- Taxation and business advisory
- Client financial and management accounting
- Provide advice and corrective actions in response to audits and other queries to ensure adherence to the Organization’s Financial Rules and Regulations.
- Keep and update financial records of the office
- Provide advice on financial and administrative policies, their application and related procedures for the office in accordance with the Financial Rules and Regulations, Staff Regulation and Rules and various circulars
- Ensure compliance to all statutory deductions on time.
- Maintaining financial information related to payroll
Perform any other financial and administrative related duties as may be assigned
- A Degree in the relevant field.
- Proficiency in accountancy
- Candidates must have at least 2 years of progressive work experience in accounts or finance.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer skills; Work experience in accounting packages is an advantage.
To be successful in this role you will be able to work to strict deadlines and enjoy contributing to a fun, professional working environment. You will take ownership of this role and will be passionate about teamwork and creating a pleasant corporate
If qualified send your resume quoting the job title on the subject (ACCOUNTANT) to [email protected] stating the current Salary and expected salary.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted