Accounting Assistant Internships at the International Potato Center, Kenya
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking a highly talented Accounting Assistant-Intern for the CIP Sub Saharan Africa Regional Office in Nairobi.
- The Accounting Assistant-Intern will report to the BMGF Project Finance Specialist.
- The Intern will assist primarily in reviewing project partners’ financial reports, support documents and other related tasks.
- The position requires broad understanding of programme implementation and cross-cultural people skills. This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Accounting Assistant Internship Duties and Accountabilities:
- Conduct timely review of project partners’ financial reports and receipts.
- Verify vouchers for accuracy, completeness and validity;
- Confirm that amounts on the vouchers match with amounts on the summary reports;
- Compile regular summaries of status of report verification;
- Provide short biweekly report on activities undertaken and any challenges
- Perform any other duty assigned by Project Finance Specialist, Project Manager or Project Leader.
Selection Criteria for Accounting Assistant Internship
- Minimum of CPA / ACCA Part 2;
- Good working knowledge of MS Office particularly Excel as well as other accounting packages;
- Aptitude for understanding complex regulations and monitoring financial transactions and documentation for compliance;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Cross cultural sensitivity;
- Strong e-mail communication skills, ability to write in a manner sensitive to cultural differences, and provide clarity to staff;
- Ability to exercise discretion with highest integrity, honesty and confidentiality;
- Be a team player and be able to work in a busy environment, often with tight deadlines;
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
Conditions: This is an internship position open to Kenyan citizens only. The internship contract will be for a period of six (6) months only (non-renewable).
Applicants should apply online through CIP’s Job Opportunities website here, including a cover letter, a full C.V with the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. Screening of applications will begin on 22 June, 2016 and will continue until the post is filled. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.