Senior Consultant Accounting (6834)
Statoil is an international energy company with operations in more than 30 countries. Building on 40 years of experience from oil and gas production on the Norwegian continental shelf, we are committed to accommodating the world’s energy needs in a responsible manner, applying technology and creating innovative business solutions. We are headquartered in Norway with approx. 21,000 employees worldwide, and are listed on the New York and Oslo stock exchanges.
Development and Production International (DPI) is responsible for Statoil’s portfolio of producing assets and planned field developments in all countries outside Norway and US. DPI’s ambition is to ensure industry-leading safety and security performance in all our operations and partner-operated fields, while maximising value from producing fields.
DPI oversees operations in 12 countries spanning Canada, Europe and Asia, North Africa, South America and sub-Saharan Africa. Key development projects are found in Angola, Brazil, Canada, UKCS and Tanzania. Angola produced 206,000 boe/d in 2014 which equals to around 10% of Statoil’s total production. This is the highest oil production in any one country outside Norway.
In 2007 Statoil signed a production sharing agreement (PSA) for Block 2 with Tanzania Petroleum Development Corporation (TPDC). Statoil Tanzania AS is the operator with 65% working interest with ExxonMobil Exploration and Production Limited as a partner with 35% interest.
Since then Statoil and its partner made the significant discoveries in Block 2, which covers an area of approximately 5,500 square kilometers and lies in water depths between 1,500 to 3,000 metres. The discoveries have proved 22 Tcf of in-place volumes and mark an important step towards a possible natural gas development in Tanzania.
- Coordinate and support Statutory and Government Authority Audits, according to the PSA, corporate & local requirements.
- Compile and analyse financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual accounts.
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures.
- Perform the month end closing process and reconciliation of the ledgers.
- Support budget and forecast activities.
- Invoice handling and processing.
- Monthly/quarterly filling of VAT, WHT and Stamp Duty Returns.
- Perform monthly and quarterly cost recovery reporting to Government authorities.
- Tanzanian National.
- Bachelor Degree in Finance or Accounting (Master Degree is an added advantage)
- 5-10 years relevant work experience within accounting, auditing and tax.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) / member of professional body of Accounting or Finance.
- Excellent written and oral Kiswahili and English Language skills.
- Skills in application and use of accounting and finance software (SAP) and Microsoft office.
- Organized and structured, with ability to plan, prioritise and deliver high quality work within deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with a strong sense of responsibility and demonstrate own initiative.
- High degree of integrity and ethical awareness, including identifying with Statoil’s values.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills with the ability to work in multidisciplinary project teams in a multi-cultural environment.
- Knowledgeable about current affairs and familiar with the oil and gas industry in Tanzania.
- Analytical and report writing skills.
We offer competitive salaries, a general bonus scheme, good pension and insurance schemes. Statoil wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture.
Make sure that we are able to give your application consideration: Please attach copies of your Qualifications, certificates and grades in English. Applications submitted without such attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated.
Our values are to be courageous, open, hands-on and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Statoil. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.