Financial Accountant Jobs at Sony Sugar Company
Reporting to Head of Finance
Financial Accountant Job Responsibilities
- Ensuring effective financial accounting systems and up-to date books of accounts.
- Preparing cash flow projections and controlling disbursements.
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory and legislative requirements and accounting standards.
- Ensuring bank reconciliations are prepared accurately and promptly.
- Preparation of Senior Management Payroll.
- Ensuring the staff salaries, allowances and wages are paid accurately and promptly.
- Timely interfacing of sub-ledgers and ensuring reconciliation of the general ledger.
- Ensuring preparation of annual financial statements in compliance with International Accounting Standards (IAS).
- Timely submission of monthly statutory returns.
- Providing liaison for effective external audits.
Qualifications for the Financial Accountant Job
- Relevant Bachelor of Commerce/Business Administration Degree or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Five (5) years’ relevant work experience in a similar position.
- Must be a holder of CPA (K)/ACCA 3.
- Must be a member of ICPAK.
- Computer Proficiency in accounting packages.
- Post Graduate qualification in relevant field (an added advantage).
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Candidates should forward their applications by post, courier or hand-delivery enclosing current and detailed CV, copies of relevant academic, professional certificates and testimonials, details of day time telephone contacts, current and expected remuneration, notice period required to take up the appointment if successful, and names and full contacts of three (3) professional referees. Candidates MUST meet Chapter Six requirements of the Constitution.
All applications MUST have the job reference number clearly marked on the envelope so as to reach the office of the undersigned not later than May 16, 2017.
The Managing Director
South Nyanza Sugar Company Limited
P.O. Box 107 – 40405
Sare – Awendo
SonySugar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified persons irrespective of Gender, Race, Ethnicity, Religion, Culture or Disability are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to disqualification.