Eagle Aviation College
Vacancy: Accounting Lecturer
Branch: Ongata Rongai
Department: School of Business
Job Type: Part Time/ Full Time
We are a College institution with a vision of enabling access to the best quality education at affordable fees to everyone.
The college has a team of highly qualified and experienced teachers.
We are looking for an Accounts Lecturer to join the team.
The role will involve a mix of teaching, research, knowledge exchange, commercial work and educational management.
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
Essential Job Functions
- Teach requisite courses delivered by the Department and, as required, to teach on associated programs offered by the School.
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students.
- Observe and evaluate student’s performance and development.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- To undertake appropriate course and course material development.
- To undertake administrative duties as directed by the Head of Department.
- To represent the Department at conferences and seminars.
- To promote the image and reputation of the Department and School in the wider academic and business community.
- To engage in other duties appropriate to the grade of the post as required
- To ensure effective quality assurance of all academic and professional duties.
- To maintain professional standards and expertise by a process of continuing personal and subject development.
- A minimum of a degree qualification from a recognized / accredited Institution in any of the following fields: Banking, Finance or Accounting
Skills & Knowledge
- Computer Literate and conversant with all the computer packages.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Result oriented and self-driven.
- Conversant with labor laws.
- The candidate should be good in teaching subjects related to cost accounting, Financial Accounting, Financial Management, Auditing, etc.
- At least three (2) years teaching/ research experience at the college level as a Lecturer in these area of specialization;
- Supervised at least five (5) postgraduate students, demonstrable involvement in post-graduate course development and attraction of research funds as a Senior Lecturer.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates to send their applications accompanied by an up-to-date CV disclosing the current gross and expected salary to [email protected] with email subject as Accounts Lecturer