Accounting/Audit Tax Associates at Eider Africa Limited
Eider Africa Limited is a well-established consultancy and research firm. We offer financial advice, research and consultancy services. We seek to hire experienced Accounting/Audit /Tax Associates to work on part time basis.
Accounting/Audit Tax Associates Duties and responsibilities
- Carrying out detailed computations to calculate tax liability and advising clients on how to manage compliance.
- Responsible for researching, analyzing and interpreting changing tax legislation in Kenya.
- Meeting with clients and collating information, and responding to client inquiries.
- Working with tax law and revenue positions.
- Responsible for preparing and submitting compliance (tax) returns according to stipulated deadline.
- Working in liaison with and negotiating with tax authorities on behalf of the client.
- Assist the audit team in coordinating a comprehensive audit program including performance, financial, and compliance audit of all investment and real estate projects.
- Assist in assigned duties for conducting internal audits and follow-up audit work.
- Assist in preparation and conducting departmental quality assessment review.
- Help to review and advice on the entire company’s risks management in consultation with the Company’s Audit team.
- Help in preparation of reports on the internal audit findings, to the management.
- Assist in determining compliance with policies and procedures.
- Assist in running audit procedures to verify that controls are operating through testing and interviewing techniques.
- Assist in monitoring organizational budget and development and documentation of organizational policies and procedures.
- Assist in identifying control gaps and areas for improvement.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications for Accounting/Audit /Tax Associate
- Minimum Second Upper Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in a business related Course.
- Three years experience in accounting, auditing and taxation.
- KCSE C+ and above.
- Professional Accounting Qualification: CPA K or ACCA finalist.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to analyze information and come to a conclusion.
- Ability to make independent judgment and initiative to make decisions.
- Basic knowledge and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices, and management principles and preferred business practices.
- Knowledge of management information systems terminology, concepts, and practices.
- Skill in planning and project management, and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Basic skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
- Skill in using a computer with word processing, spreadsheet, and other business software to prepare reports, memos, summaries, and analyses.
- Considerable skill in effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with colleagues, staff, and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons with the required experience are invited to submit their Motivation letter and Curriculum Vitae with 3 references to the Human Resource Manager through email [email protected] by 21st October 2016.Please indicate the position title: Accounts, Audit and Taxation Associate on the subject line of the email.