Reports to: Area Finance & Administration Officer
Emali Dedicated Children Agency (EDCA) is a Community Organization working with ChildFund towards helping the Deprived; Excluded and Vulnerable children have the capacity to improve their lives and the opportunity to become young adults, parent and leaders who bring lasting and positive change in their communities.
- Support management of Petty Cash Transactions & Petty Cash Floats in consultation with AFAO.
- Issuing Cash Payments/Petty Cash Management.
- Checking and ensuring that all Project Cash Expenditures are appropriately approved.
- Payments processing –Raise payment vouchers& ensure they are properly coded.
- Perform reconciliations on Accounts payables and other receivables.
- Ensure statutory deductions are reconciled and paid on time.
- Withhold tax processing.
- Spool documents during annual audits.
- File all vouchers, deposit slips and all financial documents.
- Support procurement processes e.g outsourcing quotes, analysis of the Comparative Bid Analysis & Issuing of LPOs to right vendors.
- Ensure cheques are issued to the right suppliers & maintain an updated cheque
- listing & outgoing cheque log book for ease of access to Information and bank
- Ensure timely payment of all office bills e.g electricity, Internet & Water Bills.
- Receiving, Reviewing & Ensuring all Documentations are attached to the LPOs before payment is raised.
- Receive all correspondences of the organization and fill them sequentially.
- Any other duty as assigned by the Supervisor.
- A Degree in Bachelor of Commerce / Business Administration or any other related Business field.
- Any Professional accountancy course CPA 2 or ACCA will be an added advantage.
- At least one year experience in a similar role preferably in a CBO/NGO setting.
- Fluency in oral and written English and Kiswahili.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office computer applications.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Committed team player who is result oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Willing and ability to work under minimal supervision in rural areas and have passion working with children &community.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
How to Apply