Job Title: Accounts and Administration Officer
Organisation: Legal Aid Service Providers Network (LASPNET)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance & Administration Manager
The Legal Aid Service Providers Network (LASPNET) is a national member-based Non-Governmental Organisation established in Uganda to harness, strengthen, and sustain synergies among Legal Aid Service Providers (LASPs) in complementing Government of Uganda’s efforts for enhancing access to justice. Therefore, the LASPNET Secretariat coordinates the implementation of shared activities among LASPs with major focus on improving the quality of service delivery, monitoring and evaluation frameworks, policy reform approaches, capacity building initiatives, and various strategic mechanisms in setting legal aid agenda. The Democratic Governance Facility (DGF) has given support to LASPNET towards implementation of project activities across the Justice, Law, and Order Sector with focus on improving coordination structures, monitoring and evaluation frameworks, policy reform approaches, capacity building initiatives, and various strategic mechanisms for taking a more proactive role in setting legal aid agenda.
Job Summary: The Accounts and Administration Officer will be responsible for the managing all the administrative duties and provide support in accounting for the network.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Carry out all duties in compliance with the finance and Human Resource policy of LASPNET
• The job holder will be tasked with the preparation of periodic administration and other relevant reports.
• Responsible for the management of petty cash, expenses, mileage claims, income and expenditure records
• Routinely receive and enter requisitions into the accounting system for all expenses
• The incumbent will also ensure that all requisitions are fully authorized and proper supporting documents attached
• Manage the staff attendance register and monitor their leave spells
• Offer general supervision over the support staff in running work related errands like driving, messenger, and cleaning
• Manage the monthly roster of interns and volunteers in liaison with line managers
• Maintain an up-to-date register for assets and follow-up needed supplies
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Finance & Administration Manager
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, Commerce, or Business development studies.
• Possession of Part qualification in ACCA or CPA will be an added advantage.
• A minimum of three or more years’ experience in a similar role for handling administration, HR and accounts support tasks.
• Working knowledge of organizational administration is a must and basic accounting practices for donor funded Non-Governmental organizations.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications, updated CVs and credentials to: The Executive Director indicating in the subject line the name of position being applied for to: [email protected]
Deadline: 10th August 2015