Impact Research and Development Organization is a registered Kenyan Non – Governmental Organization with its head office in Kisumu and regional offices in Kisumu, Homabay, Migori, Busia, West Pokot, Uasin Gishu, Siaya and Turkana counties of Kenya.
Its principal mandate is to design, implement and evaluate HIV/AIDS research interventions and programs that improve the health status of individuals and local communities.
We are looking for qualified and experienced personnel to fill in the following positions
Job Title: Accounts and Logistics Officers
Job Summary: The Administrative / Logistics Officer shall be responsible for accounting, administrative and logistical functions at the sub-county project office.
S/he will offer supportive role to the VMMC Teams.
S/he will be under the supervision of Sub-County VMMC In-Charge and will ensure that the sub-county office runs effectively on a day to day basis.
Reporting to: Sub-County VMMC In-Charge.
Unit: Business Systems
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Making field payments using both cash and mpesa models
• Collecting returns from the field and reconciling the same to the payment vouchers
• Petty cash management
• Verify the correctness of district requisitions before submitting them to Head Office for processing
• Verify the correctness of casuals’ invoices in the district then submitting the same to Head Office for processing.
• Administer issuing of airtime and clients refreshments (sodas).
• Oversee the fleet management system in their respective districts including ensuring that vehicles and motor cycles are maintained and kept in good working conditions and are clean
• Verify taxi hire, vehicle hire and fuel invoices before submitting them to the Transport Department for processing.
• Monitor the usage of fuel both at the vehicles level, and at the contracted fuel stations
• Facilitate daily transport schedules for the VMMC Teams
• Follow up on supplies from the Central Stores in Kisumu; and ensure all supplies, services, equipment etc are in place whenever required
• Assist with general administration including asset management, property maintenance, and general supply chain and functioning within the district
• Hold at least CPA 1
• Hold at least a Diploma in Business Management, Procurement and Supplies or any other related business field.
• Thorough in her/his work with ability to work under pressure to pursue multiple tasks simultaneously to successful conclusions
• Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines & work with minimum supervision
• Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications (Ms. Word, Excel etc)
• Good communication skills (oral and written), interpersonal skills, personal commitment, efficiency and flexibility
• Good management, organization and time management skills
How to Apply
Submit applications, complete with CV, copies of certificates and testimonials, names and telephone numbers of three professional referees, current and expected salary, to reach the undersigned not later than 4th November 2015.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The Human Resources Officer, Impact Research and Development Organization P O. Box 9171-40141, Kisumu