The Industrial & Commercial Development Corporation (ICDC) is Kenya’s premier Development Finance Institution established 61 years ago to promote the nation’s economic development through the creation, growth and establishment of industrial and commercial enterprises.
ICDC aspires to be a high-performance public entity contributing meaningfully to the economic development of Kenya. Hence, attracting and retaining the right people is essential to the realization of our aspirations.
If you are a qualified professional who aspires to make a meaningful contribution to the growth of Kenya’s economy and have the required skills and competencies, we invite you to apply for the following position:-
Job Title: Accounts Assistant / Cashier
Role Purpose: Responsible for receiving and banking cash receipts from customers, printing cheques for approved disbursements and acting as the Corporation’s bank agent.
- Accurate receipting and banking cash and cheques.
- Printing cheques for all approved payments.
- Collecting and delivering all bank mails and correspondences.
- Preparing cash payment vouchers.
- Timely requisitioning for cheque books from the bank and safe custody of the same and other cash related documents.
- Follow up of all cash advances.
- Preparing daily receipts and payment summaries.
- Dispatching all issued cheques to beneficiaries in line with relevant policies.
- CPA II.
- At least three (3) years working experience in a Financial Institution.
- person of high integrity, transparency and accountability.
- Possess good communication and customer service skills.
- Be able to work under pressure with minimum supervision
How to Apply
- Kindly submit your application letter indicating current remuneration and daytime telephone contacts together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant certificates and testimonials to:
- HR & Adm. Manager ICDC 17th Floor Uchumi House, Agakhan Walk P. O. Box 45519 – 00100 Nairobi
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
- ICDC is an equal opportunity employer which strives to achieve overall balance in its staffing. Women and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- All applications should be received on or before close of business 24th March 2016.