- Company: Reputable Institution
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Kenya
Accounts Assistant Job At IEBC
Accounts Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Preparation and verification of vouchers in accordance with the laid down rules and regulations
- Writing cheques and posting payments and receipt vouchers in the cash books;
- Primary data entry and routine accounting work such as balancing of cashbooks, imprest and advances ledgers etc.
- He/she will be responsible for safe custody of records and assets under him /her.
- Balancing and ruling of the cash books on daily basis;
Qualifications For Accounts Assistant Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option), Business Administration (Accounting optionfrom a recognized institution or any other relevant equivalent qualification.
- A pass in part II of the Certified Public Accountants (CPAExamination or it’s recognized equivalent qualifications.
- Two (2years working experience in a busy organization.
In addition to the qualifications set above, the applicants must further meet and get the following clearances:
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
- Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
- Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP).
- Chief Executive Officer, Higher Education Loans Board.
- Professional bodies (where applicableto which the applicant belongs eg LSK, ICPAK, AAK, IEK etc.
- Credit Reference Bureau Africa Ltd or Metropol Credit Reference Bureau.
- Security Clearance
All shortlisted applicants may be subjected by the Commission to a security clearance by National Intelligence Service (NIS).
How to Apply
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their duly completed application together with up-to-date curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials, email and telephone contacts of three (3referees who must be familiar with the candidates previous work experience. Applicants must indicate the Job title on the top left corner of the envelope. Those applying for constituency or Regional positions must also indicate the Region or Constituency on the top left corner of the envelope.
- Applications and supporting documents shall be: Hand delivered to the IEBC CEO/CS, 6th Floor, Anniversary Towers, University Way, Nairobi: and/or Send via Post Office to
- Independent Electoral Boundaries Commission (IEBC), P O Box 45371-00100, Nairobi, Kenya.
- Applications must reach IEBC by 30th September 2016