Responsibilities for the Accounts Assistant Job
- Sending of daily reports to management on daily basis, according to valid Google shared Check lists of reports
- Assist the chief Accountant Prepare financial statements when required by the management
- Processing supplier invoices in QuickBooks accounting software, ensuring matching to purchase orders and delivery notes.
- Reconciliation of supplier statements Processing of supplier payments
- Reconcile the Purchase ledger to general ledger on a monthly basis
- Assist in the preparation of reconciliation including Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Responsibility for petty cash including maintenance of petty cash records and completion of cash reconciliation at each month end. Responsible for making the invoices and other purchase orders.
- Responsible for ensuring proper recording of all the new purchases or/ and disposals of the firm
- Monitor and review stocks both at the candy shops and at the bar.
- Banking of cheques and cash received at the location.
- Ensure the Trial Balance is up to date at each month end and prepare relevant reports Preparing the monthly bank reconciliation for review by the Chief Accountant.
- Assist in preparing the Year‐end audit file to ensure that all information is ready and available in time for the statutory audit
- Monitoring of stocks on daily basis and conducting weekly stock takes and sending the variance reports to management
- Reconcile of the method of payment (Cash, MPesa, Credit card, Kenyabuzz, Staff Tickets, Corporative Tickets, Open Date vouchers etc
- Perform project cost forecasts/budgets, cost tracking, monitoring and controls.
- Responsible for timely monthly consolidated financial statements, payments, cash-flow management reporting for submission to Management.
- Perform cash flow forecasting, budgeting and working closely with the operations and project teams in analyzing margins, variances and cost analysis.
- Issue project cost reports for review and approval.
- Handle administrative work wherever applicable
- Safe custody of all important company documents
- Handle cash and banking
- Draw annual budgets
- Liaison with the company’s bankers.
- Inventory management and controls.
- Ensure optimal stock levels are maintained at the location
- Liaison with External Auditors for audit
- Legal, tax and statutory compliance
- To take lead in establishing and streamlining finance and accounts set-up of new start-ups in the region as per the needs of the business
- Any other jobs that may be assigned by the management
Qualifications and skills for the Accounts Assistant
- K.C.S.E. Mean grade C+ and above
- Accounting Qualification – Minimum CPA Part 3 (Section 6)
- Computer literacy (word and Excel) and Proficiency in QuickBooks accounting Software
- At least 1 year accounting experience –experience must be from the hospitality industry as the candidate must have knowledge of costing of meals(MUST HAVE)
- Must have knowledge in stock receiving procedures, stock controls and stock take procedures
- Attention to detail, familiarity with basic accounting procedures. Strong analytical and organizational skills are also required.
- Flexibility and a willingness to perform a variety of support tasks
- Knowledge of bookkeeping practices and petty cash administration
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain clear and accurate financial records
- A genuine interest in business and finance
- An organized and methodical approach to working
- The ability to work independently and as part of team
- A willingness to undertake professional development
The ability to work to deadline
- The ability to balance a number of conflicting demands
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to (often) in-house systems
How To Apply
If you possess the above qualifications kindly send CV to email@example.com with the job title on clearly stated on the subject line.