Reporting to: Finance Manager
Hours: 8:30 – 17:30, Monday- Friday and beyond when required
Location: Karen with occasional travel to the branches
Purpose of the position: This role’s purpose is to act as support to the finance department in all its day to day activities
Responsibilities & duties
- Receive and process all invoices, expenses forms and request for payments
- Prepare daily sales reconciliations and monthly bank reconciliations
- Office administration and other duties as allocated.
- Filing of all payment vouchers and other financial records in systematic and organized
- manner to ensure ease in retrieval and reference
- Data capture of financial transaction on to the ERP system.
- Petty cash administration
- Aid in preparing annual budgets
- Aid in preparation of management accounts other financial reports
- Deputize for senior accountant
Academic & trade qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in finance and accounting or business related course
- Professional qualification: CPA
Work experience & skills
- Minimum of 2years experience in a busy organization
- Proficiency in use of accounting software: Sage Pastel
- Computer literate: Proficiency in word, Excel and power point.
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Team player and agile/proactive to learn
- Ability to work under pressure with strict deadlines
Personal qualities & behavioral traits
- Integrity and ability to work in a busy department
- High Motivation
- Self-starter-functional problem solver
How to Apply
If you are interested and meet the above requirements and competencies, kindly send your cv and cover letter detailing your suitability for the position to [email protected] Kindly headline your application Accounts Assistant The application deadline is 15th July 2016.