Accounts Assistant Jobs in Kenya 2016
Main Purpose of Job
Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices
Accounts Assistant Job Key Performance Areas
- Manage accounting functions including maintenance of general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and ensures accuracy and timeliness.
- Develop, implement and maintain systems, procedures and policies, including accounts payable functions to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
- Manage monthly closing of financial records and posting of month end information; ensures accuracy of financial statements.
- Provide Financial Accountant assistance by responding to financial questions/concerns to meet company’s needs.
- Prepare and recommend operating budgets for approval. Monitors spending for adherence to budget, recommends variances as necessary.
- Maintain historical records by filing documents.
- Reconcile and verify entries and compare system reports to balances.
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
- Relieving the Finance staff
- Any other duty assigned
Knowledge and Skills Requirement for the Accounts Assistant Job
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting/ Finance Option)
- CPA Section III
- At least 2 years’ experience of Accounts Assistant experience
- Knowledge of general bookkeeping procedures
- Knowledge of general accounting principals
- Proficient in relevant computer software
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication
- Analytical Skills
How to Apply
Email your application to email@example.com