Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Organisation: Monitor Publications Limited (MPL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Financial Accountant
Monitor Publications Limited (MPL), a Nation Media Group Company is Uganda’s most influential media house, operating The Daily Monitor, Saturday Monitor and Sunday Monitor newspapers, 93.3KFM, 90.4 Dembe FM, Nation Couriers and the Monitor Business Directory.
Job Summary: The Accounts Assistant will support the Financial Accountant in managing Cash transactions of MPL by disbursing petty cash, receiving cash and cheques and banking the receipts in accordance with Company procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make over the counter payments to suppliers and staff for both Monitor & E. Africa
- Post Petty Cash Vouchers
- Receipt all the Cash and Cheques received on a daily basis
- Ensure that all cash and cheques received are banked intact on a daily basis
- The incumbent will be tasked to prepare reports -Weekly Cash Summaries, Monthly Cash status etc
- Undertake the allocations of receipts to invoices on customers’ accounts
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Financial Accountant
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Accounts Assistant job should hold a bachelor’s degree in any business- related course or a Diploma in Business Studies, Accountancy or any other related field from an accredited institution
- Possession of CPA Level 1 would be added advantage.
- A minimum of three years’ working experience preferably in a similar role in an FMCG company
- Working knowledge of an Accounting package
- High standards of Integrity
- Discrete, trustworthy and reliable
- Excellent numeric skills
- Willingness to work long hours
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and with tight time constraints
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications, detailed CVs and academic documents with a daytime telephone number via E-mail to: [email protected]
NB: Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 2nd December 2016