Our client in the hospitality industry is seeking to fill the following vacancy:
Accounts Assistant – Receivables
Reporting to the Accountant this role is responsible for:
- Ensures all funds received at the properties are received, well documented and banked timeously.
- Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions
- Ensures that guest invoices are issued timeously with correct information
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centres by analyzing invoice reports.
- Manages petty cash by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances, petty cash and preparing cheques.
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and from customers.
- Provides management with weekly and monthly reports and statements and related transactions.
- Disburses petty cash by recording entry and verifying documentation.
- Reports taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Experience in preparing monthly and yearly accounts will be an added advantage.
Desired Skills / Qualifications:
- Degree or diploma Accounting or other related field
- Minimum of CPA Part 2 qualification
- 2 years prior experience in a similar position is a must
- Candidates with prior hospitality experience will have a distinct advantage
- Experience in preparing end month reports will be a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience in SunSystems, Materials Controls and Micros
How to Apply
Please send your application letter indicating your suitability to this role, together with a copy of your updated resume, your current salary and benefits package to [email protected] Kindly indicate the position title in the Subject line of the email. Interviews will be carried out on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.