Accounts Clerk / Assistant
Position Purpose: The role holder will be responsible for implementing cash flow management, investment and credit control policies through various roles as highlighted below under the supervision of the Accountant and Credit Controller.
- Timely preparation of vouchers, letters and cheques relating to investments to maximize investment returns.
- Aggressively following up on debtors assigned to maintain the credit period allowed by the company.
- Accurate and timely posting of payments to facilitate preparation and dissemination of financial information.
- Doing bank reconciliations on time.
- Accurate and timely allocation of non-trade receipts to Navision system.
- Aggressively negotiating for high call rates to ensure we secure our target rate of return.
- Timely preparation of statutory payments such as PAYE, corporation tax, withholding tax etc to save the company any penalties.
Customer Relations Role
- Prompt response to cedants/brokers queries on the debt issues assigned.
- Timely settlement of supplier dues to maintain good relations.
- Timely submission of financial records/schedules during audits.
- Prompt preparation of monthly investment returns to ensure compliance.
- Preparing investment placement letters.
- Petty cash management-keeping cash, update records, raising petty cash voucher, posting and filing them.
- Proper maintenance of financial records for ease of retrieval during audits, financial analysis and preparation of reports.
- Reconciliation of management expenses, sundry creditors and debtors accounts.
- Updating exchange rates on Navision during month end.
- Updating daily cash tracking.
- Carry out monthly integration between the production system (Reinsurance Management System and Navision
- System of banking, receivables and payables.
- Running monthly depreciation and posting recurring expenditure journals for prepayments.
- Filing of VAT, Withholding Tax and Excise duty on ITAX. Organization Learning
- Attend training/workshops that will add knowledge and skills on debt collection and investments.
- Degree or Diploma in Accounting or Finance related field.
- Professional qualifications (CPA, ACCA or equivalent) added advantage.
- Proficiency in analyzing financial data
- Good negotiation skills
- Speed with accuracy
What are you?
- A well-organized and self-driven person
- Collaborative approach with good interpersonal skills to work in a team and alone as required
- Self-starter and ability to work under minimal supervision
- Open to learning new ways of doing things
- Comfortable working with people of all levels.
- Ability to quickly understand the mission, vision and values of an organization
- Ethical behavior, honest and transparent
How to Apply
If you believe you meet the above requirements, E-mail your application accompanied by a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae indicating your qualifications, present position, and daytime contacts to: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.Take note we do not charge any fee for interviews