National Sports Fund is a State Corporation established by Sports Act No. 25 of 2013 part III section 12 under the Ministry of Sports, Culture and The Arts. The Fund is mandated to raise funds through sports lottery, investments and any other means and disburse the funds for the development of sports and recreation. The Fund now invites applications from suitable individuals to fill the following vacant positions:
ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT I, GRADE NSF 8
Vacancy No. NSF/21/2016 Posts: Two (2)
Accounts Assistant Job Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities will entail:-
- verifying and clearing payment vouchers and committal documents for examination;
- balancing cash books, imprest and advance ledgers;
- reconciling debtors and creditors ledger accounts;
- analysing payments and carrying out data analysis to support preparation of accounting reports;
- mintaining petty cash;
- reviewing data capture within the system;
- verifying data recorded in the cash book;
- validating bank reconciliations, receipts and payments;
- preparing financial reports;
- verifying balanced cashbooks, imprest, and advance ledgers; and
- ensuring correct maintenance of records for the purpose of payment.
Qualifications For Accounts Assistant Job
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
- (served in the grade of Accounts Assistant II or Accounts Clerk for a minimum period of three (3years;
- CPA I/ACCA I or an equivalent accounting qualification from a recognized institution;
- Diploma in Accounting or equivalent qualification from a recognised institution;
- Certificate in Computer application skills from a recognized institution;
- shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance.
How to Apply
- Candidates interested in the above position are expected to fulfill the requirements of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya. They must obtain and submit with their application copies of clearance certificates from the following organizations:
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher education loans board
- Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission.
- Criminal Investigation Department (certificate of good conduct)
- Credit Reference Bureau.
- Those fulfilling the requirements of the position should submit their applications quoting reference number of the vacancy on the envelope together with a detained c.v and all relevant testimonials stating your current position, current remuneration, expected salary, email address, telephone contacts. Applicants are also expected to provide postal address, telephone and email contacts of three references latest on 7th October, 2016. All applications should be addressed to:
- The Chairman, National Sports Fund, P.O Box 4644 – 00200, NAIROBI
- Applications should be delivered By Hand To The Fund’s Office During work hours.