Reports to: Accounts Manager
Proper accounting system and a proper financial transaction system; and ensuring Standard Operational Procedures Compliance.
Accounts Officer Job Responsibilities
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports such as financial statements, budget performance, and interim grant financial reporting
- Maintain internal and external customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Manage the processing of cash receipts, recording of revenue and receivable and work closely
- Prepare and analyze the monthly budget/forecast to actual variance reports per program and department.
- Perform general accounts analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, fixed assets, employer’s benefit costs, accruals and prepaid expenses.
- Conceptual understanding of the International Financial Reporting Standards
- VAT Tax returns preparation
Requirements for the Accounts Officer Job
- Degree in Accounting OR equivalent
- At least 2 years’ experience in the retail industry or relevant industry
- CPA will be an added advantage
- Attention to detail
- Analytical skills
- Good communication & reporting skills
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Team player
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send an e-mail to [email protected], including their CV (no other documents). The company offers a market conform package consisting of a salary, a bonus (to be introduced after 6 months in the job) and medical insurance. Senior team members are exposed to professional management courses and other experiences in and outside East Africa.