Job Title: Accountant – Accounts Payable (Entry Level Jobs)
Organisation: Manufacturing Company
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Financial Accountant
NFT Consult, a leading HR Consultancy firm, seeks to recruit for its valuable client, a large manufacturing company in Uganda with a network across East, Central and Southern Africa.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Verify all suppliers invoice accounting liability and pass the voucher for release in system
• Creditors ledger scrutiny and do payment application on timely.
• Regularly review and reconcile suppliers account on monthly
• Control account reconciliation i.e. GL vs. Sub ledger
• Send weekly / monthly ageing creditors
• Initiate for payment process and submit the documents for payment.
• Revaluation of (exchange gain/loss) of foreign currency supplier accounts.
• In charge of accounting of settlement vouchers
• Responsible for the reconciliation of provision for inventory
• Take part in monthly stock counting
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the Financial Accountant.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The ideal candidate should preferably hold a good Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related
• Part qualified ACCA, CPA
• Prior experience in accounting software (Microsoft Dynamics- Solomon, PASTEL, SAP etc.)
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Team building skills
• Bookkeeping skills
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Good decision making skills
• Keen attention to detail and high level of accuracy
• Excellent organizational skills
• Effective written communications skills
• Be honest and trustworthy
• Be respectful
• Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
• Be flexible
• Demonstrate sound work ethics
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should visit the web link below and create a profile on the NFT Consult website by entering their e-mail addresses. Please visit web link below and click Apply now if convinced you have the job requirements. The applications/CVs should be prepared in English and submitted in either MS Word or PDF format will be considered.