Accounts Payable Job at Summit Recruitment
Our client, a prestigious International Luxury Hotel company, in Nairobi is looking for a Accounts Payable Officer. The successful candidate will be in charge of performing the account payable daily operation, verify bills received and record by types of expense. Prepare check payment according to credit term; prepare monthly reports and financial statements. Prepare and make the daily bank deposit and daily general cashier’s daily report. As well as prepare computations of the taxes payable.
Responsibilities for the Accounts Payable Job
- Account for all items on purchase orders, receiving records, invoices, suppliers & ongoing shipment.
- Prepare vouchers, including cost distributions for all suppliers’ invoices and credit memos.
- Provide necessary output requirements, documentation, and authorization for bank transfer data.
- Prepare cheques for all payments supporting documents to the Director of Finance for approval and signature.
- Answer queries from suppliers.
- Balance supplier’s monthly statements with the hotel’s accounts payable records.
- Prepare and balance the Creditors Control Account with the Creditors Ledger on a daily basis.
- Maintain adequate and up-to-date files for accounts payable records
- To perform other duties as may be assigned.
- To raise and record manual cheques for urgent payments.
- Maintain all Accounts Payable including the general parameters of the system and supplier account.
- Prepare and take responsibility on balance confirmation and statement reconciliation with suppliers.
- Monitor pre-payments, advances to suppliers and post dated cheques.
- Reports and analyze accounts payable status in relation to cash flow activity.
- Preparation and documentation of bank transfer data.
- Maintain good working relationships with all colleagues throughout the hotel.
- Communicate effectively with guest, clients, business partners and staff.
- Promote hotel’s image and businesses.
- Participate in community activities in order to promoting the hotel’s image.
- Assist in monthly General ledger reconciliation on accounting heads, provisions and write off.
- Involve in preparation of Financial reports / management reports etc
- Coordinates with Purchasing, Receiving, Cost Controls, General Cashier and other persons in related areas.
Qualifications for the Accounts Payable Job
- Minimum education of Bachelor degree in Accounting.
- Minimum of 2 years in accounting experience.
- Knowledgeable in Front Office, F&B cashiering procedures.
- Have good communication skills in written and spoken English.
- Have a analytical minded and be proactive.
- Posses professional disposition with good communication and interpersonal.
How To Apply