Vacancy: Account Associate, Livestock Insurance
Location: Nairobi with significant travel
Acre Africa (Agricultural and Climate Risk Enterprise Limited) is a Kenyan weather index micro- insurance product designer company dedicated to advising insurers on weather protection for African farmers.
Acre Africa is seeking to fill in the position of Account Associate, Livestock Insurance.
Based in Nairobi with significant travel around Kenya, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing the livestock insurance product sales plan.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Selling Livestock Insurance to Dairy Cooperatives and other aggregators in Kenya.
- Agreements with aggregators and management of agreed roles and responsibilities
- Coordinating tagging and animal registration of insurance by Veterinary Officers.
- Liaise with Business Analytics department to manage livestock insurance claims process Service Level Agreements.
- Align Livestock product sales strategy with overall country sales strategy.
- Product sales Pipeline management across Kenya to deliver monthly targets.
- Development of promotion plans and budgets.
- Proper documentation of meeting minutes and client files.
- Timely payment collection.
- Responsible management of company’s assets.
Critical experience and knowledge
- 2+ years’ experience in Livestock product sales related activities
- Ideally Diploma in Animal Health, Animal Sciences, Agricultural Extension or related fields
- Experience in working with cooperatives in Kenya.
- For animal health, must have registration certificate from the Kenya Veterinary Board
- Experience working with Dairy industry an added advantage
Key Skills and Competencies
- Excellent organization, planning and management abilities
- Strong budgeting and financial skills (Ability to meet targets and manage expenditure)
- Effective problem solving and mediation skills.
- Good analytical decision making skills based on critical thinking
- Strong skills in planning and time management
- Has to be a self starter, self motivated and able to perform well without immediate supervision
- Other behaviors critical for the role
- Hungry for results
- Service Oriented
- Should possess a valid driving license and defensive driving certificate.
- Accountability and ability to work with targets
- Demonstrated ability to share skills and knowledge with others.
- Good listener and ability to understand new customers’ concerns and wishes and ability to articulate this into new products or modifications will be an added advantage
How to Apply