Act Change Transform (Act!) is a leading Kenyan not-for-profit, non-governmental organization involved in diverse development initiatives in Kenya.
Act!’s main program focus is in Environment and Natural Resources Management; Democracy and Human Rights; and Peace Building and Conflict Transformation.
Our holistic approach to development is delivered through capacity development and grants management.
Act! was established in September 2001 as Pact Kenya, and rebranded in 2011 as a fully-fledged national organization.
We are seeking for a passionate, competent and committed individual to join us for the following position:
Position: Procurement Officer
Supervised By: Administrative Manager
Job Summary: The Procurement Officer will primarily be responsible for providing procurement and logistics support to Act!’s operations in line with Act!’s policies, procedures and the laid down framework.
Budgetary Control: None
Other resources: IT Equipment
Reporting Line: The Procurement Officer will report to the Administrative Manager.
Work Relationships: In addition to working under the direct supervision of the Administrative Manager, the Procurement Officer will work collaboratively with the Administrative Officer and Support staff towards ensuring operational efficiency.
Key Internal Relationships
- Administration staff
- Budget holders
- Key External Relationships
- Suppliers, Vendors
- Specifically, the Procurement Officer will be responsible for but not limited to:
Procurement Management tasks
- Source, select and negotiate for the best package in terms of quality, price, terms, deliveries and after sales services with vendors in line with the laid down policies and procedures-including but not limited to procuring travels, workshop venues, equipment, stationery and one-off goods and or services.
- Conduct all project related procurements under the Purchase Workflow system through AccPac
- Liaise with the administrative and logistics manager in obtaining specification of goods and services to be procured.
- Ensuring continuous supply and timely delivery of goods and services as and when required for day-to-day operations of Act!
- Assist in the vendor prequalification by participating in receiving and opening of tender documents.
- Assist the Administrative Officer in handling all vendor related complaints with regards to goods and services.
- Ensure all working documents regarding purchases are accurately completed and duly signed, recorded, filed and easily retrievable
- Update and maintain all procurement and logistics filing systems
- Assist in providing technical and secretarial services to the procurement team
Key Performance Indicators
- To facilitate the tracking of the jobholder’s performance during the year, the following performance indicators have been identified and agreed upon:
- All procurements conducted in line with laid down policies and procedures. –
- All procurements raised through Purchase Workflow with a resultant LPO to the vendor before obtaining goods/services
- All procurement requests to contain specifications of goods and/or services required to meet the needs of the requisition department/unit/program
- Goods and services required for day to day operations available at the time required
- Participation in and execution of tasks assigned during the vendor prequalification exercise
- All vendor related complaints, queries and/or grievances responded to within 2 working days and resolved amicably; with a report prepared and filed
- All payments duly supported with complete documentation from the procurement process
- Meticulously maintained procurement and logistics files and documents
- Up-to-date and duly completed minutes for all procurement team meetings
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- The minimum required academic and professional skills for the jobholder to perform successfully in their job are:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration / Management, Commerce or a related field.
- Professional Qualifications
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management/Logistics.
- Membership in KISM or MCIPS will be an added advantage.
- Experience in years and indicate level of experience
- At least 4 years’ experience in the Procurement and Logistics field with sound understanding of NGO Operations
- Must be a team player
- Must be result-oriented
- Ability to work under strict deadlines
- Must be culturally and religion sensitive
- Ability to classify and manage priorities
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Must be cost-conscious and quality minded
- Excellent organization and coordination skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be a person with unquestionable integrity
- Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel, Access, Power-point and the use of Internet for research
How to Apply