Logistics/Admin Officer Jobs at ACTED Kenya/Somalia
HR Department Last Update
Direct Hierarchy:Head of office
Contract duration:Fixed term
Starting Date: September 2015
ACTED (Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development) is a non-political and non-confessional International NGO founded in 1993 with its headquarters in Paris, France. The organization’s vocation is to save lives, assist vulnerable populations and bring hope to those in need for better future. ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the below position in Somalia.
Logistics/Admin Officer- Somalia Job Main objective
Perform key logistics and administrative roles for ACTED’s programs in Somalia.
- Responsible of the fleet management.
- Responsible of the base improvement (comfortable, practical, security, ..) through rehabilitation work, furniture and equipment set up.
- Ensure that the computer and all communication equipment are functional and properly used.
- Responsible to make sure that contracts of services or procurement are relevant according to ACTED and donors procedures.
- Responsible for the assets and stock materials in the base, including monthly asset and stock inventory.
- Check field invoices to ensure ACTED procedures are followed (BAP, signatures…)
- Supervise the financial follow up (cash forecast)
- Responsible to insure that cash flow between the capital and base office(s) is properly organized, and that all payments made by the local transfer companies are duly documented.
- Submit logistic, administrative and financial inputs to the Program Manager/Officer.
- Send on monthly basis to capital office: cash flow needs, ,
- Send all logistics monthly TITANIC (park statement, asset list, inventories, fleet management, …)
- Monitoring, reporting, advising on security context; attend security meeting and use both formal and informal means of communication to understand and anticipate potentially dangerous scenarios;
- In close collaboration with the Coordinator for Somalia, the security manager and the Country Logistics Manager, support both at program and operational level the future establishment of a full team and an ACTED office in Somalia that meets ACTED’s SOPs
- Prepare daily updates and monthly reports on the security situation and any other reports requested by Security Manager;
- Work with the Program Officer on team’s weekly movement plans
- Will be the focal point for the security who provides the office security personnel
- To ensure HR tasks are completed on a monthly basis as per the ACTED HR manual
- Responsible for maintaining the Leave Follow Up and Leave Planning tools.
Qualifications/Required skills for Logistics & Admin Jobs in Kenya
- University Degree preferably in Business Administration or related field and two years experience in working with International NGOs in the similar level.
- Motivated and create in approaches to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective and working relationships
- Excellent communication skills, personable and articulate
- Fluent in written and spoken Somalia and English.
- Strong team player of high integrity, pleasant personality, ability to work under least supervision and meet strict deadlines.
- Computer literate and with excellentI T Knowledge.
- Demonstrated experience in overall responsibility and accountability for thelogistical and administration management of an organization;
- Good public Relations with strong negotiation skills.
How to Apply
Qualified persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications (most updated CV and cover letter) to [email protected] on or before 5.00pm on August 31, 2015 with the subject line being Logistics & Administration Officer_Somalia. Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage. ACTED reserves the right to hire prior to the application deadline. Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.