Work Location: Nairobi, with frequent travel to AAH-I field locations
About Action Africa Help International
Action Africa Help is looking for a suitable candidate who will provide leadership in Programme Development and Quality. Reporting to the Programme Director, the role is responsible for growing AAH-I’s funding portfolio in line with AAH-I’s strategic plans, while supporting AAH-I to raise its image among donors and other strategic partners.
S/he will support Country Offices in program development, in alignment with the AAH-I strategic priorities, and ensuring programmes meet technical and management quality standards.
The position is also responsible for cross-cutting corporate quality management, supporting in designing operational monitoring/compliance mechanisms to improve systems and procedures, sound design of and overseeing monitoring and evaluation, periodic analysis of the business units, and ensuring that information collected is reflected upon, used to improve ongoing projects and is incorporated into high quality grant proposals and reports.
This includes linking learnings from the field to the emerging programming approaches in order to create innovations that would render AAH-I a competitive edge.
Qualifications for the Programme Development & Quality Advisor Job
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant subject (International Development, Project Management or one of AAH-I’s programming areas – public health, disaster management, agriculture, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of project/programme assessment, design, monitoring, evaluation and report writing gained through at least 10 years of relevant experience in programme development and management in a similar organization.
Skills and Competence Required fro the Programme Development Job
- A very good knowledge of global humanitarian issues and trends, especially The Horn and Great Lakes, coupled with interest and ability to analyze impact and opportunities of unfolding events on donor funding.
- Proven experience and strong knowledge (breadth and depth) of various technical sectors of development such as primary health care, food security, social enterprises development, governance, advocacy etc.
- Ability to engage at a strategic level with bilateral and multilateral donors, Governments and INGOs.
- Demonstrated track record in successful proposal development and donor relations for major institutional donors.
- Ability to provide coaching, mentoring and leadership to team members;
- Integrity, honesty, and accountability to both the quality and programming teams and the community.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should email application letters and CVs (with 3 referees) addressed to email@example.com to be received by 31st January, 2017. The email Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for. AAH-I is an equal-opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.