Position Title: Supply Chain Manager
Vacancy Announcement (VA) Number: VA010/2015Level X2
Duty Station: Nairobi
Type of Contract: Fixed term
Contract Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension
Organisational background: Action Contre la Faim (Action Against Hunger) has been conducting humanitarian programs in Somalia Since May 1992.
Currently, ACF is conducting its humanitarian activities in Somalia focused on treating and preventing malnutrition, increasing access to clean water and appropriate sanitation, strengthening the food-security and the livelihoods and thus boosting the resilience of communities in Somalia as well as emergency response via program bases in Mogadishu (since 1995), El Berde (since 2012), Xudur (since 2014), Eyl (Puntland, since 2014) and Tieglow (2015).
The positions and responsibilities
ACF Somalia is looking for suitable Kenyan National to fill Supply Chain Manager, based in Nairobi.
Reports directly to the Head of Logistics Department, the Supply Chain Manager’s core responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
Goal: In coordination with Logistics coordinator, providing necessary technical logistic support to capital logistic department, base logisticians and Ensure an efficient, cost effective and procedures complying supply chain management on the mission.
Objective 1 : Mission’s supply flow management:
- Orders management: ccentralize, manage and process all the Procurement Request coming from the bases or the departments according to ACF internal rules;
- Update the procurement follow-up and ensure markets definition, ensures that delivery time are optimal.
- With the support of HoDs, prioritizes the purchases according to operations;
- Contribute to the formulation of Project procurement plan (PPP) and Supply Plan (SP) for the mission.
- Keep users and programs informed by updating and sharing the Procurement follow-up,
- Follow deliveries to the programmes;
- Filing of documents concerning supplies;
- Ensures that all purchase dossiers are properly archived and that documentation is properly valid (signatures…) in case of audit;
- Reporting and communication: ensures all the reporting activities are done in time, and ensures a fluent communication with users (meeting, follow-up…);
- Ensure a proper and collaborative liaison with the finance department;
Objective 2 : Procurement process in the capital:
- Updating the mission’s catalogue (price list);
- Guarantee the quality-price ratio of purchases and that the internal Kit log procedures are respected;
- Ensure that the ACF purchasing procedures are respected.
- Ensure a smooth purchase flow by developing framework agreement with suppliers at mission level;
- Ensure that quality and quantity of supply purchased are according to ACF expectation.
Objective 3 : Stock management throughout the mission Logistics
- Ensure through base logistics that the store conditions are satisfactory;
- Ensure through base logistics that ACF stock management tools are in place and ensures an optimal stock follow-up (LIFO/FIFO, expiring date…);
- Guarantee through base logistics that the Kitlog’s storage procedures are respected;
- Regularly assess the use of the stock items and propose possible adaptations;
- Responsible for the contingency stock mobilisation.
Objective 4 : Reporting and Management of logistic HR
- Develop Work Plan for Capital Logistics Team;
- Set objectives for base logistics officers;
Definition of trainings needed;
- Train to the log staff on the monthly logistics reporting contents & any other training when necessary & asked by Logistics Head of Department.
Who we are looking for:
- Diploma / Level of studies:
- Preferably Master in Logistics & Supply Chain Management or MBA in Management
- Minimum five (5) years of proven experience in Logistic.
- Experience at a managerial position In Logistics with INGO will be an asset for this position.
- Good organizer
- Good communication and negotiation skills,
- Experience in team management
- Rigor on Logistics, Transport, Supplies Construction
- Excellent command of English
- Excellent computer skills (MS office, outlook, internet)
- Excellent command on English (oral, written), (Somali would be an asset)
How to Apply
APPLICATIONS including CV with cover letter and 3 professional references to be sent via email to [email protected] not later than 31st August, 2015 clearly mentioning the position and the base/location of your preference on the subject line. e.g VA010/2015 Supply Chain Manager – Nairobi
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews
Female Candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.