Resolution Insurance Company Ltd is a general insurer offering innovative and responsive insurance solutions.
We have learned to adapt in this constantly changing society, and develop comprehensive products that are relevant to our clients.
We currently have over 60,000 members in our fold and have partnered with over 500 medical service providers across East Africa; a strong network of hospitals, clinics and doctors.
The Resolution Insurance brand is energetic and trendy.
In pursuit of our ambitious growth plan, we are looking to fill the below position in our Reinsurance & Partnerships Section.
Reporting to the Reinsurance and Partnerships Manager, the Reinsurance Officer’s purpose is to participate in all phases of reinsurance arrangement, accounting and reporting, from the initial phases of treaty development, coordination with third parties, monthly processing and recognition of appropriate assets liabilities, income and expenses items and periodic reporting.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Participate in reinsurance treaties arrangements and negotiations with reinsurers
- Participate in many aspects of reinsurance accounting and reporting, from the initial recording/coding of treaties to weekly/monthly processing and accounting/reporting;
- Work with the manager to facilitate related audits from reinsurers, and for completing audits for reinsurance assumed with 3rd parties;
- Timely and accurate reconciliation of reinsurance accounts on a monthly basis, making necessary adjustments as appropriate.
- Prepare the accounting and reporting entries and reports for different treaties.
- Assist with strategic direction of the Reinsurance Department through active participation in company initiatives, committees and new product implementations.
- Any other duties assigned by your supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant University degree (Actuarial, Insurance, Economics etc.)
- CPA/ACII qualification will be an added advantage
- 3 years’ experience in Reinsurance accounting
- Strong computer knowledge including working knowledge of financial based accounting packages, database, spreadsheets and word processing software
- Knowledge of reinsurance processes, treaties and administration software’s will be an added advantage.
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- Strong analytic skills and attention to detail
- Able to produce in a fast-paced environment while addressing projects and responsibilities effectively.
How to Apply
If you believe you are a team player and would be a valuable resource to this ever growing brand, kindly CLICK HERE to apply online by COB, Friday, 21st August 2015.