Village Capital is on a mission to change the status quo, reinventing venture capital by sourcing, training, and investing in entrepreneurs solving challenges critical to the future of society. They build communities around entrepreneurs ensuring business success. Our core innovation—a peer-selected investment model—delivers better results for both entrepreneurs and investors.Village Capital has built up an extensive pool of portfolio companies that require a range of services to help de-risk the process of achieving scale. Human capital is the most critical and ubiquitous challenge.
To address this, the team is now hiring a dedicated Program Portfolio Manager to support Vilcap portfolio companies (and potentially other organisations that are clients of the firm, and beyond) and help create a marketplace for Human Capital related support services. This role is critical to help Vilcap maintain and build on its position as a premier incubator providing more than money to its cohort organisations and the wider sector.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage the development of an online talent marketplace for SGBs to be used by entrepreneurs in emerging markets.
- Promote and market online talent marketplace to entrepreneurs and job seekers.
- Develop curriculum focused on human capital management, including presentation decks, exercise toolkits, and facilitator guides for each module.
- Test new modules in Village Capital workshops, delivering instruction and coaching to entrepreneurs based on new curriculum developed.
- Author a Talent Guide to be published by Village Capital that presents human capital best practices and serves as a manual for entrepreneurs operating in emerging markets.
- Train Village Capital Regional Managers in facilitating new curriculum modules.
- Serve as ongoing advisor and coach to Village Capital entrepreneurs through duration of contract.
Does this sound like you?
A self-starter super-star
You know how to get work done even when time and resources are tight.
You can take a vision, an idea and make it into something great – this excites you.
Self-motivation is easy as pie for you.
You’ve done it yourself
- You’ve built, managed and developed teams.
- You’ve worked in emerging markets and you love it.
- You’ve lived and breathed the start-up world and can connect on a personal level with organisations.
A phenomenal communicator
- You produce only the best written work – you’re a consummate perfectionist with a constant eye on detail. Spelling and grammar mistakes just don’t happen when you’re in town.
- You know how to bring people along with your vision. You quickly build trust, respect, and rapport with everyone you meet.
- You’re as happy talking to one person as you are running a training or presenting in front of hundreds.
Passionate about talent
- You may not have worked directly in talent but you’re fascinated by and focused on the most effective techniques and tools to get the best out of people.
Desired Skills and Experience
project management, training, content management, content design, programme management, program management, training for trainers, online content, system design, coaching, mentoring, talent, process design, business development, entrepreunership, start-up
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here