Treasury Operations Assistant Jobs at Britam, Kenya
- The position reports to the Supervisor Treasury & Investments and the jobholder is responsible for cash flow management, cash dealings and accounting for investments actions as well as reconciliation of investments assets as held by the company. The job holder also ensures all requirements by internal and external auditors are met in a timely and accurate manner.
Operations Assistant Job Key Responsibilities in Kenya
Responsible for cash flow analysis and management, which entails:
- Daily cash flow & liquidity management.
- Seeking investment opportunities for free cash through deposit placements & uplifts.
- Management of relationships with treasury departments of financial institutions in relation to term deposits.
- Foreign currency dealings as needs arise.
- Circulating cash flow data as per lines of businesses for clear decision making with regard to available cash and near cash instruments.
- Make recommendations on cost saving procedures with regard to the cash flow management process.
Carrying out the accounting of investments and investments incomes:
- Update of records and investment schedules in line with the approved tactical asset allocation decisions in relation to business funds in line with value optimization objectives.
- Participate in the monthly closing of the books of accounts through transactional & accrual accounting.
- Carry out monthly banks reconciliations ensure all Investment transactions are correctly accounted for in the systems.
- Calculate and journalize investment income of the various investment asset classes.
- Carry out monthly accounts analysis for investments and incomes as required by the Finance reporting guidelines and ensure all deadlines are met.
- Ensures that all income from investments is received fully and in time. This includes; Dividends, coupons and Interests.
- Carry out investment asset reconciliations to ensure they reconcile to the fund manager and the custodian.
- Update investment schedules with all corporate actions as announced.
- Carry out bank reconciliations in a timely and accurate manner.
- Monitoring fund manager and custodian activity to ensure they are in line with strategy.
- The job holder is also expected to ensure payment of fund manager bills and invoices in line with set guidelines and agreements.
- Participate in updating of the departments procedures manual. Participate in departmental initiatives such as automation of processes.
- Ensures efficient and effective handling of all internal and external customer queries. Handling queries by both external and internal auditors intelligently as assigned from time to time.
- Ensure protection and availability of company and departmental data according to existing policy.
- Other operational activities of the department as assigned from time to time.
Knowledge , Qualifications & Experience for Operations Assistant Jobs in Kenya
- A Business oriented degree from a recognized university
- Professional qualification or pursuing Professional Qualification in CPA, CFA and or Actuarial
- Team player with ability to establish understanding and create rapport with various internal and external customers.
- Excellent computer knowledge and thorough understanding of application of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Working knowledge in Online payment systems and in Sun systems and Investment Management Systems (APX, Milesoft).
- Absence of errors and or delays in Investment transaction processing
- Efficient cash and liquidity management
- Absence of errors
- Meeting of all key set deadlines within and without the department while displaying the ability to prioritize
- Support towards departmental and company automation initiatives.
- Excellent level of customer service to internal and external clients
- Compliance with our policies and Procedures Manuals
How to Apply
Click here to apply