In order to continue with local growth, our client seeks to hire an Underwriting Manager.
Responsibilities for the Underwriting Manager Job
- General supervision of underwriting and customer service staff
- Preparation of regular management reports on production and other relevant reports.
- Ensure that all documentation in the underwriting department i.e policy documents, endorsements, renewal notices etc are correctly issued and dispatched to the intermediaries/insured/policyholders as applicable.
- To oversee the overall administration of timely issuance of policy documents, renewal confirmations and endorsements.
- Facilitate continuous underwriting staff training to create capacity
- Develop an underwriting manual and update it as and when need be.
- Reviewing sales audit reports from Senior Vetting officer and taking remedial actions where necessary.
- Management of motor certificates by ensuring proper records are maintained.
- Recommending to management effective underwriting systems and procedures for proposals and policies, drafting policies and endorsements and renewals.
- Work closely with risk manager to establish procedures for surveys, initiating risk management programmes and compliance with recommendations on risk improvement.
- Ensure that new risks accepted and/or renewed with the company are vetted to meet the basic quality standards.
- Prepare the table of minimum rates as required by the commissioner of insurance and ensure it is lodged with the office Ensure that AKI circulars and communications from the commissioner’s office relating to underwriting functions are well attended to and responded to on time.
- Risk profiling on suspect claims to establish under writing gaps
- Developing among staff loyalty to the company personal integrity and adequate professional standards and a sense of satisfaction in the performance of their work.
- Ensure that vehicles insured by the company are subjected to the pre insurance valuations and those values /defects and /or any findings are communicated to policyholders /intermediaries on time.
Qualifications for the Underwriting Manager Job
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline preferably in finance, accounting, actuarial science, insurance
- Professional qualifications – Good progress in ACII or AIIK
- At least 6 years as an underwriter in a busy working environment or related field
- Attentive to details with Good analytical skills
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and customer care skills
Our client offers all the advantages one would expect from an industry leader including a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Our client is an equal opportunities employer.
How to Apply
Kindly send your CV and cover letter detailing your experience, qualification and motivation for the job to [email protected] copy to [email protected], clearly indicating the job title as the subject and address it to the Recruitment Manager as soon as you read this advert Our client, is a composite Insurer with excellent services in underwriting both General Insurance and Life Assurance policies. The company offers market leading insurance products and services to customers, and is a dominant player in the region