Team Leader Pensions – Head Office Job at APA Insurance
- This position is responsible for the efficient servicing of pension business.
Pensions Team Leader Job Primary Responsibilities
- Checking policy documents, endorsements and agreements with service providers and approving membership certificates or other official documents in line with the company’s process
- Setting up pension schemes and ensuring that they are registered with RBA and KRA
- Following up monthly remittances by clients as per regulators
- Addressing enquiries and feedback from clients within the timelines stipulated in the service charter and/or SLAs signed with respective clients.
- Addressing reconciliation issues in liaison with the finance department;
- Allocating incoming mails amongst team members and ensuring they are worked on within the agreed turnaround times;
- Complying with statutory, regulatory and internal control processes at the business units;
- Responsible for timely renewal invitations, processing of payments and confirmation done by the team as per the SLA;
- Participating in company CSR and brand building activities in liaison with other departments;
- Responsible for filing returns with the regulators
- Safe keeping of company documents records information and any moveable asset assigned to the section
- Provide leadership in servicing the schemes ensuring that any queries are responded to promptly
- Responsible for timely returns with the regulators
- Preparing and reviewing the trust deed trust rules policy documents and investment policy statements.
- Filing timely policy statement for each scheme and ensuring that company and schemes are adequately protected
- Prepare and monitor monthly and annual budgets for the respective teams through weekly, monthly and quarterly production reports and targets.
- Entrench performance based appraisal of staff in line with their set KPIs and departmental targets.
- Participate in company CSR and brand building activities in liaison with other departments
- Train, coach and mentor staff in order to improve performance and cohesion within the department
- Participate in company meetings
- Provide management with the necessary report
- Managing stakeholders relationship as detailed in the manual
- Attending quarterly trustee meetings
- Providing information required by both internal and external auditor to ensure complete and efficient with process
- Reviewing and processing benefits as per regulations and expected guidelines
- Approving system settlements within allocated approval limits
- Managing clients statements ensuring their timely accurate generated and delivery to them
Academic Qualifications for Pensions Team Leader Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Insurance/Actuarial Science or an equivalent.
- Progress in ACII/AKII
- At least 6 years relevant experience.
Skills and Attributes
- Leadership skills
- Time management skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Underwriting expertise
- Interpersonal and Communication skills
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please email a detailed CV and cover letter to [email protected] demonstrating why you would be the ideal candidate against the stated roles, responsibilities, knowledge, experience, and personal competencies. The deadline for applications is 31st August 2016.