Jubilee Insurance has a network of offices in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi and Mauritius. It is the only ISO certified insurance group listed on the three East Africa stock exchanges – The Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE), Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange and Uganda Securities Exchange.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for Senior Actuarial Specialist – Product Development. The postholder will report to Head of Actuarial Function – and will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Senior Actuarial Specialist Job Responsibilities.
- Implement and provide advice on key deliverables including:
- New products are developed within Jubilee risk appetite
- Regular monitoring of launched products performance
- Development of retail, group, micro-insurance & banc-assurance products
- Develop & maintain updated actuarial models for pricing & profit-testing
- Co-ordinate implementation of new products in Jubilee. This includes meeting regulatory requirements and co-ordination with other departments
- Regular monitoring of product development cycle and monthly reporting
- Actuarial and financial risks; including financial reporting
- Co-ordinate data management for new products and ensure product is accurately captured in the system
Qualifications for the Senior Actuarial Specialist Job
- Graduate with a degree in Actuarial Science/ Statistics
- Professional actuarial exams (minimum 10/15 exams)
- Functional Skills
- Analytical skills
- Strong communication & reporting skills
- Actuarial modelling
- Entrepreneur Spirit
- Market Awareness
- Customer Focus
- Continuous Innovation
- Ownership & Commitment
- Team Spirit
- At least 2 years of relevant experience
- At least 1 year at supervisory level.
Don’t Keep Share!:
How to Apply
Qualified candidates to apply here CLOSING: 3rd NOV- 2017.