Organization: Adeso – African Development Solutions
Position Title: Human Resource Intern
Reporting to: Human Resource Officer
Working with: All REGAL-IR staff in Nairobi & Field
Program / Duty Station: Nairobi
Duration: 3 Months, Renewable
Starting date: Immediate
Salary Grade: Stipend
Organizational Context: Adeso is an expanding and vibrant African based international development and humanitarian organization.
At Adeso, we work with African communities who are yet to realize their full potential; working inside these communities to create environments in which Africans can thrive.
Our belief that economic, social and environmental security is the bedrock of a healthy community drives the nature and intent of our programming.
We work to prevent and overcome situations that adversely affect community well-being by: reinvigorating the economy, developing skills for life and work, providing humanitarian aid, and influencing policy.
For the past 20 years we have strengthened rural livelihoods through environmental awareness, training, technology transfer and innovative humanitarian projects in pursuit of a peaceful, self-reliant, and greener future. At present, Adeso has programs in Somalia, Kenya and South Sudan.
Adeso is an exciting and dynamic organization experiencing managed rapid growth. It offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development.
Project Summary: Resilience and Economic Growth in Arid Lands-Improving Resilience (REGAL-IR) is a 5-year project sponsored by USAID / Kenya and Feed the Future (FtF) to reduce hunger and poverty, increase social stability and build strong foundations for economic growth amongst pastoralists and transitioning pastoralists in Kenya’s arid and semi-arid lands (ASALs).
The program is designed to empower communities to take charge of their development and to strengthen their capacity to select, design, implement and monitor activities toward increasing their social, economic, and environmental
resilience to environmental shocks.
Adeso is the Prime for REGAL-IR and manages implementation by a consortium of partners.
Position Purpose: Responsible for supporting the Human Resource Officer by performing a variety of HR support functions and duties.
This position is based in Nairobi with travel to field offices.
He/She will work with the team in Nairobi and field offices to ensure efficient running of the day to day Human Resource functions.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to REGAL-IR Human Resource unit in all HR functions.
- Ensure induction pack is maintained and kept up to date.
- Maintain effective filing system and scanning.
- Update Timesheets, leave and contract database.
- Conduct audit on the existing files and make follow up on missing documents.
- Raising payment requisitions.
- Arranging and labeling of closed files in the archive room.
- Update the monthly staff list.
- Process and facilitate staff IDs.
- Process staff insurance claims.
- Support and assist in coordinating HR communication.
- Any other duty as may be assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Diploma in Human Resource Management or relevant field.
- A minimum 1 year relevant experience preferably with an NGO is desirable.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Proficiency in working with computers particularly spreadsheet and word processing.
- Experience in working with a team and team building.
- Ability to work within a multi-cultural setting.
How to Apply
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional.
If you would like to join this dynamic team, please submit your application to [email protected] , quoting the position in the email subject matter, by 7th September 2015.
Each application should be addressed to HR Director and include the following:
Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adeso is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on one’s background, beliefs, gender or sexual orientation.