Organization: Adeso – African Development Solutions
Position Title: Registry Clerk
Reporting to: Senior Accountant
Working with: Senior Accountant, Finance Director, Financial Analyst HQ, & field finance Staff
Program / Duty Station: Nairobi
Duration: 1 Year (Renewable)
Starting Date: Immediate
Organizational Context: Adeso is an expanding and vibrant African based international development and humanitarian organization.
At Adeso, we work with African communities who are yet to realize their full potential; working inside these communities to create environments in which Africans can thrive.
Our belief that economic, social and environmental security is the bedrock of a healthy community drives the nature and intent of our programming.
We work to prevent and overcome situations that adversely affect community well-being by: reinvigorating the economy, developing skills for life and work, providing humanitarian aid, and influencing policy.
For the past 20 years we have strengthened rural livelihoods through environmental awareness, training, technology transfer and innovative humanitarian projects in pursuit of a peaceful, self-reliant, and greener future. At present, Adeso has programs in Somalia, Kenya and South Sudan.
Adeso is an exciting and dynamic organization experiencing managed rapid growth. It offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development.
Purpose of Position: The purpose of this position is to maintain the financial filling system and to assist in both internal and external audits.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
Internal and external audits
The candidate should ensure:
- Sampled audit documents are retrieved and handled to the auditor in question. He/she should ensure the auditor signs on the register upon receipt and return of the documents.
- Audit documents are filled back to the respective files appropriately.
- Record all document received in finance to/from other departments.
- Monthly finance documents
- The candidate should ensure:
- All finance documents received from field offices (SOMALIA, Sudan, REGAL-IR county offices) are filed appropriately.
- All monthly finance payment documents, Journal vouchers at the HQ, UK & USA are filed properly and appropriately.
- Print and file scanned documents from Somalia offices for review by financial analyst.
- Ensure all files are properly labelled and shelved/ archived.
- Ensure documents for closed financial year are archived appropriately and easily for future retrieval.
- Any other duty allocated.
Skills and Qualifications
- Diploma in Library studies and documentation or Information management.
- Proficiency in computer applications such as MS Office
- At least 2-3 experience in similar field.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and handle multiple concurrent activities
- Excellent in written and spoken English.
- Ability to work well in a team
- Ability to handle pressures and meet deadlines
- Willingness to learn
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with a team.
- Mature personality with ability to cope with high stress levels
- Flexible and willing to perform tasks outside of core duties
How to Apply
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional.
If you would like to join this dynamic team, please submit your application to [email protected], quoting the position in the email subject matter, by 14th August 2015.
Each application should be addressed to HR Director and include the following:
Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adeso is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on one’s background, beliefs, gender or sexual orientation.