Administrative Assistant Jobs at Duma Works
Duma works is recruiting an Administrative Assistant. The hiring company is a leading planning and interior company in East Africa with high end clientele.
The Receptionist performs a variety of administrative duties, bearing responsibility for general office maintenance and ensuring that stationery and kitchen supplies are replenished.
She will also be responsible for providing dedicated support to the Directors to ensure all executive and administrative tasks are handled efficiently and effectively.
Administrative Assistant Job Key Responsibilities
- Comprehensive diary management, including internal and external meetings, formal and informal engagements and keeping up to date with all activities involving the Directors
- Ensure all documentation and information needed for meetings are prepared in advance
- Preparing meeting requirements, taking minutes and following up on actions
- Organize all other meetings to be attended by the Directors including staff lunches, coffees and skype calls
- Arranging and managing all logistics related to travel and accommodation
- Preparing and producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations
- Occasionally, accompanying the Directors to meetings to provide general assistance
- Communicate and handle incoming and outgoing electronic communication on behalf of the Directors
- Follow up on requests and emails to/from the Directors
- Respect the need for confidentiality and sensitivity of information
General Administrative Tasks
- Manage the front office, ensuring that reception duties are handled in an efficient, professional and courteous manner. This includes primary responsibility for handling incoming and outgoing communication including calls, faxes and mail. Also type & word-process various documents and electronic information
- Coordinates purchasing and issuing of stationery and other office supplies as appropriate, including ensuring that the kitchen supplies are replenished regularly
- Arranges transport for employees’ site visits and external meetings
- Coordinates Driver/Messenger’s delivery schedule and oversees his day-to-day duties
- Scheduling Division and staff meetings. Take minutes at such meetings, interpret instructions and issues arising, and then follow up on actions as appropriate
- Overall responsibility for maintenance of client files/folders
- Maintain an accurate record of books, catalogues, periodicals and magazines; and ensure that all the periodic magazines and books are securely locked up; and issuing them to staff members whenever they need to use them
- Create, implement and manage a system for tracking and accessing all A3 booklets, photographs and project evaluation forms which can be easily accessed and used when future requirements indicate such a need
- Ensure the office is clean at all times and enforce clean desk policy
- Review timesheet records regularly
- Ensure office machines and equipment are well maintained and in good working condition
- Carry out any other duties as required from time to time commensurate with the role.
Qualifications for the Administrative Assistant Job
- Relevant first Degree
- Higher National Diploma in Front Office/Customer Service/Secretarial studies
- 3 to four years’ relevant work experience
- Knowledge in Sales & Marketing will be an added advantage
- Administrative and Office Management Skills
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative and attention to detail
- Management skills:
- Ability to work under pressure and with short time lines, schedule and prioritize projects, accept criticism and other ideas.
- Must be a team player who is a problem solver, enthusiastic, highly motivated and with ability to multi-task.
- Interpersonal skills: Must be a people person with ability to interact with other firm’s members
- Communication skills: Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Goals and results oriented
- Be proficient with relevant computer software, especially but not limited to Microsoft packages.
How to Apply
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “2731”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2731 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 28 July 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.