Administrative Assistant Job at The Council of Governors
The Council of Governors (CoG) is established under Section 19 of the Intergovernmental Relations Act 2012 with the mandate to provide a mechanism for consultation amongst County Governments, share information on performance of the counties in execution of their functions, facilitate capacity building for governors, and consider reports from other intergovernmental forums on national and county interests amongst other functions (Section 20).
To enable the Council achieve its mandate and vision, the Council wishes to recruit results oriented individual with drive, vision and creativity to fill the following position:
The Administrative Assistant will report to the Project Manager. He or she will work for the Kenya SymbioCity Programme at Council of Governors.
Admin Assistant Job Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to ensure that Programme operations are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner including maintaining office files, opening and distributing mails, taking and distributing minutes at meetings, order and regulate office stationary and coordinating repairs for office equipment.
- Prepare purchase requisitions for services being outsourced by the project.
- Plan and book accommodation, transport (both road and air) and venues for project staff, visitors and events.
- Updating of website and producing basic layout and basic photo editing for printed materials.
- Provide receptionist services including assisting visitors, answering phone calls for the project, directing calls and responding to inquiries.
- Assisting the finance assistant as may be required.
Required qualifications and experience for Admin Assistant Job
- Diploma in Business Administration, Pubic Administration or any other related discipline from a recognized institution.
- A Bachelor´s degree in Business Administration, Pubic Administration or any other related discipline will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years relevant experience in a busy organization.
- Working experience in donor funded environment.
- Working experience from Government routines.
- Proven experience of working with information and layout.
- Professional standard writing and speaking skills in English.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to research, digest, analyze and present material clearly and concisely.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work on her/his own initiative.
- Honesty and reliability and attention to detail.
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and to work extra hours to meet deadlines.
- Discretion and an understanding of confidentiality
The contract duration is for one (1) year renewable subject to availability of resources.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates should send a CV, cover letter, copies of ID, certificates, testimonials, current and expected remuneration, names and addresses of three referees to [email protected] on or before Friday, 22nd July 2016 and indicate the name of the position you are applying for as the Email subject.