I Choose Life – Africa (ICL) is one of the leading Non-Governmental Organizations that has contributed greatly to HIV prevention efforts among the youth in Kenya today. The organization has programs in over 230 institutions (tertiary institutions and high schools) across 30 counties in Kenya and reaches over 1 million youth annually with behavior change communication messages.
The Administration Assistant will report to the County Officer, Machakos. He/she will oversee the running of Biashara Centre located in Misyiani, Kagundo Sub County. The roles will include supporting Tujiinue Sacco, revenue generation and office administration In addition, support counties in the actualization of their county strategic plans aligned to Vision 2030.
Admin Assistant Job Key Responsibilities:
Centre Financing and Sustainability
- Generate revenue in the Center. The different revenue streams will include; providing cyber services e.g. photocopying and printing, typing services, agriculture model and supporting the community SACCO.
- Responsible for ensuring the Biashara Centre equipment are handled in an appropriate manner to avoid wear and tear
- Documenting all meetings and activities and sharing the reports and minutes of the proceedings not later than 1 day after the event.
- In charge of books of account in the Center. This will include book of accounts for the business models and the SACCO.
- Responsible for ensuring the Biashara Centre is clean all the time
- Responsible for ensuring that clients are handled in a professional manner, the information provided is correct and clients are correctly referred.
- Client relationship management for savings and loan accounts
- Handle customer issues and take appropriate action to resolve them.
Education and Training
Diploma in Business Management or its equivalent
Residents of Kangundo are encouraged to apply
Expérience, Skill and Abilities
Minimum of 1 year hands on experience in running a business professionally.
Excellent computer skills and competency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
Excellent organizational skills and ability to determine priorities and meet multiple deadlines;
Detail-oriented with good multi-tasking abilities and communication skills, both oral and written.
How to Apply
- If you are up to the challenge and meet the above qualifications, we encourage you to write to us on [email protected]. All applications should be via email. Your CV and cover letter should reach us on or beforeFriday 30th September 2016. Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV in pdf format with subject as ‘Administration Assistant-Biashara Centre.