Admin Assistant Job at NRC
NRC’s Horn of Africa operation comprises of large-scale multi-country humanitarian and early recovery interventions spread across nine countries (Kenya, Somalia, Ethiopia, Djibouti, South Sudan and Yemen), and most recently Eritrea, Uganda and Tanzania.
NRC’s overall strategy in the region is to ensure a greater number of vulnerable people in hard to reach areas get access to humanitarian assistance, become resilient to future disasters and find durable solution. The regional office is based in Nairobi and works with country programmes to ensure standardization of programmatic and operational approaches, promote multi country programming and ensuring quality and coordination.
Reporting to the Administration Officer the Administration Assistant will be responsible for NRC’s reception area and for giving administrative support at the Nairobi office. This is a temporary post for a period of six months.
Responsibilities for the Admin Assistant Job
- Welcome visitors to the NRC office, and direct them accordingly
- Adhere to NRC policies and procedures
- Receive incoming calls and make outgoing calls according to needs
Ensure order and cleanliness of the reception area
- Receive, distribute and register faxes, mails, documents and reports
- File administrative documents according to procedures
- Arrange for staff and visitors, flight bookings, transport and accommodations
- Make appointments and keep itineraries for the Regional and Country Director and NRC visitors when required;
- Implement NRC Terms and Conditions of service, policies, and procedures.
- Receive and record all incoming deliveries (correspondences) and liaise with the appropriate members of staff for the delivery and distribute letters into respective pigeon holes or offices Occasionally assist in the preparation of large mail shots and preparation of materials for events
- Assist in any administrative matters: filing, typing, updating of contact lists.
- Receive and reconcile all flight and accommodation invoices
- Filling in for the Executive Assistant when needed.
- Fulfil any other related duties as instructed.
- Sit in for the Admin Officer when absent or on leave
Qualifications for the Admin Assistant Job
- Experience from working with administration
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own skills/profile
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Presentable, friendly and patient
- Basic Computer skills in MS Office Word and Excel, and Internet
- Knowledge of English language
- Planning and delivering results
- Coping with change
- Working with people
- Handling insecure environments
- Language: English
Duty station: Nairobi
Contract period: 6 Months
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Nairobi.
How To Apply